Fan Reactions to Bluecoats "Pitch Bend" Ending 2014

Exactly my thoughts. That'd be easier with trombones, though. And a very few % of people are ok with trombones in DCI.

If/when done by trombones, it wouldn't impress me in the least. I could have my elementary band trombone line do the very same thing. Hardly a feat worthy of D&BC world-class technique. Now if/when accomplished by non-slide brass -- and accomplished musically across the ensemble? That's impressive. More so than when generated in a mechanical, synthesized manner via electronics.

• Like 1

I'd rather have trombones than electronics. That being said, the pitch bend is the best use electronics since these were added. Perhaps I'm getting soft with my "unplug" perspective but I think it's an incredibly creative and innovative effect.

It is creative and innovative, BUT...I was sitting on the 35 yard line towards the front. The ONLY thing I could hear was the synth! I couldn't hear any horns for about thirty seconds of that portion. Very disappointing and felt like the synth was doing most of the work.

If/when done by trombones, it wouldn't impress me in the least. I could have my elementary band trombone line do the very same thing.

In fact, an elementary band trombone section does it even when you don't want them to! :tounge2:

MM09Episode8_450.jpg

• Like 1

In fact, an elementary band trombone section does it even when you don't want them to! :tounge2:

MM09Episode8_450.jpg

Get those horns up! Stop playing to the worms

Wanted to record the crowd reaction at Massillon, historically BLOO's alumni show, with a decent mic, but just can't fit it into the budget.

However, I found some decent audio to record the Massillon crowd, but I need your help DCP!

If anyone wants to donate $99 toward the audio equipment, I would be able to record BLOOs finest moment (maybe ever so far?) with it's alumni reaction like you were sitting right there. :) I would deliver the audio files directly to you, and would probably post them up on SoundCloud or something for everyone to hear (including all of the alumni).

For those of you who think this is too cheesy, GFY. Coats have created a new modern age of DCI. Fans are going nuts. Non-Fans are going nuts (this is the exciting part).