Can Bluecoats win gold?

Sounds like you've just described Blue Devils to me, and they've won more than any other corps. So using that logic the Bluecoats CAN win gold

This should be fun

Michael_Jackson_popcorn.gif

• Like 1

Time is running out and they are getting consistently beaten by two corps. Obviously nothing is impossible, but it's hard for me to imagine Devils losing this year. While I certainly prefer Bluecoats show to the cadets, my tastes are not a caption and the Cadets are performing at a very high level. Considering the strength of Vanguard, I'd say it's far more likely Bloo gets 4th rather that 1st. All the best to them though.

It's hard to imagine BD losing any year but it happens. GH always talks to his kids about how many championships the Cadets have won by one tenth. BD has come in second how many times? Geesh, their championship number could easily be 20. No wonder so many people are pulling for Blue just as they were for Crown last year. But we are running out of time and the two corps who have 25 championships between them are at it again. Regardless what the outcome will be in Indy I am going to be one satisfied drum corps fan. I can't applaud these kids enough for all their blood, sweat, and tears!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

• Like 6

I apologize. I always get those 2 'P' words mixed up. My bad.

:smile:

Very nice, very nice... :tounge2:

• Like 1

With but few exceptions, it is always the underdog who wins through sheer willpower.

Johnny Weissmuller

The underdog often starts the fight, and occasionally the upper dog deserves to win.

E. W. Howe
Edited by superOOk

I apologize. I always get those 2 'P' words mixed up. My bad.

:smile:

So do the folks in North Korea. :tongue:

• Like 1

It's hard to imagine BD losing any year but it happens. GH always talks to his kids about how many championships the Cadets have won by one tenth. BD has come in second how many times? Geesh, their championship number could easily be 20. No wonder so many people are pulling for Blue just as they were for Crown last year. But we are running out of time and the two corps who have 25 championships between them are at it again. Regardless what the outcome will be in Indy I am going to be one satisfied drum corps fan. I can't applaud these kids enough for all their blood, sweat, and tears!

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Agree with most everything you say here with the exception of "we are running out of time." I believe this is going to be one of those years where no corps wins every caption. It's one of those years where 4 or 5 corps may win a caption. It's one of those years where the corps with the most 2nd place captions is the overall champion. It's one of those years where WHO is (and who is NOT) on the finals night panel will make a difference.

Certainly 2 great corps are the frontrunners right now, but "and down the stretch they come" isn't going to be shouted until August 9 and there are 2-3 great horses behind them that will have a lot of fans cheering them on until someone crosses the finish line first.

History DOESN'T always repeat itself.

Agree with most everything you say here with the exception of "we are running out of time." I believe this is going to be one of those years where no corps wins every caption. It's one of those years where 4 or 5 corps may win a caption. It's one of those years where the corps with the most 2nd place captions is the overall champion. It's one of those years where WHO is (and who is NOT) on the finals night panel will make a difference.

Certainly 2 great corps are the frontrunners right now, but "and down the stretch they come" isn't going to be shouted until August 9 and there are 2-3 great horses behind them that will have a lot of fans cheering them on until someone crosses the finish line first.

History DOESN'T always repeat itself.

It's looking like an actual possibility that someone could win brass and not medal, and someone else could win percussion and not medal, both in the same year!

It's really going to be a nail-biter right to the end, and none of the top 5 are out of the discussion yet.

The real winners are the fans, and the kids who get to perform these awesome shows this year.

*edit* to be clear I think BD is still the favorite by a small margine to take gold, they have the fewest weaknesses, but they better have their eyes on the rear-view mirror because they are far from safe

Edited by Super Don-O

On a GE standpoint, they should be neck and neck with Blue Devils - both visually and musically - and in my opinion, they should be placing higher than Cadets in that caption.

• Like 1

On a GE standpoint, they should be neck and neck with Blue Devils - both visually and musically - and in my opinion, they should be placing higher than Cadets in that caption.

General Effect scoring as they announced it seemed like it was supposed to be very different than it has been, taking into consideration how the audience perceives the show and enjoys it, but it seems like it's being judged as it always is as of late. Something that confuses me. I still wonder what some judges are watching, such a subjective thing to decide how effective a show is. To me the only thing that is an accurate measure, year in year out is how the crowd responds, and usually isn't apparent in the scoring.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 1

General Effect scoring as they announced it seemed like it was supposed to be very different than it has been, taking into consideration how the audience perceives the show and enjoys it, but it seems like it's being judged as it always is as of late. Something that confuses me. I still wonder what some judges are watching, such a subjective thing to decide how effective a show is. To me the only thing that is an accurate measure, year in year out is how the crowd responds, and usually isn't apparent in the scoring.

Exactly, and to further my point, when I was watching the Cadets in San Antonio I was not enthused at all, and neither were the people around me. Not to mention they were the last corps to perform.