Can Bluecoats win gold?

Actually it isn't an uncommon thing to pick music then theme or reverse. WGI which is all visual driven, often designers find some music they like and build a theme around it.

Right. It's not uncommon, but especially since Bluecoats have made a point of stating that the picked their music first, that means comments (like some in this thread) that suggest Bluecoats are putting concept before music seem particularly off base.

• Like 1

Regarding Coats ending - does anyone think that only the current top two corps have a corner market on changing/adding an ending - especially with the current 2014 Blooooo staff in place?? Me either

• Like 3

Just to clarify, the Hymn piece is vocals only (the original). There's no piano; she must have written it using the piano. Also, it's really the harmony that drives it more than melody. Yes it's quite hummable, but it really needs chords to come alive, IMO. In particular there's a dissonant note in the middle that's kind of devastating because it turns darker at that point. I think it's the anchor of the piece.

Coats seem to play the song pretty much straight, but that one chord (at 1:24 in this recording) seems slightly different to me; anyone able to analyze these things and compare BC's version? Maybe it's just the clarity of the studio recording.

(I had hoped BC's show would be about the theme of this song, but alas, not so. Still a great show.)

also hilarious Bluecoat apologist troll thread (since your literally trolling now).

But BD supporters are just stating facts, really: Bluecoats haven't beaten BD yet this season, and haven't come that close to them yet either.

But... It's much easier to throw around labels, than actually take the time to refute an argument. I mean, it's not like this is a discussion forum! In all seriousness though, posts like his are just noise you learn to tune out, they don't add anything to the mix.

Anyway, I think it's possible but highly unlikely. I too feel BD and Cadets have better designed shows, and are executing them at a higher level. I'll certainly being cheering loudly for Bloo though, if they do (well, still will regardless of where they place)! I really enjoy what they're doing.

Edited by dcsnare93

I have read so many post over the years about brass lines not moving and playing at the same time. Complaints about scattering or slowly moving from point A to point B then stopping to play the most demanding music passages are nothing new. Of course that was about another corps with the word blue in it's name. That corps has an absolutely stunning fanfare in their show this year, but it's performed in what is essentially a warm-up arc with feet firmly planted. You can see and hear that without ever leaving the parking lot. I've never been much of a Bluecoats fan, but I am now.

BTW... the French word for tilt is inclinaison. Hope that helps add demand to their show.

Edited by bluesman

BTW... the French word for tilt is inclinaison. Hope that helps add demand to their show.

Mais oui!