Can Bluecoats win gold?

Because they're clean. Whatever technique BD uses put them at an advantage.

It's a combination of MM talent, great technique and a show design that really minimizes exposure. I love the part where the brass are kneeling and then they all get up at different times. Why clean 80 brass getting up simultaneously when you can stagger it AND get effect credit for being so innovative. I agree they should be first now but the judges really give them the benefit of any doubt.

Edited by theCHEZman

It's a combination of MM talent, great technique and a show design that really minimizes exposure. I love the part where the brass are kneeling and then they all get up at different times. Why clean 80 brass getting up simultaneously when you can stagger it AND get effect credit for being so innovative. I agree they should be first now but the judges really give them the benefit of any doubt.

Whatever one might think of BD's show, it seems fairly obvious that regardless of the considerable precision and control they display in most of their marching (while playing), the aerobic demands on their brass have to be several clicks less than what the Cadets brass face in their show.

• Like 1

I still think the Cadets need to watch out for Crown, not Bloo.

Honestly I was thinking the same thing. Especially after last night's competition.

Because Bloo fans have taken over DCP this season. If one more thread opens up on the prerecorded sound bend thing, I think I'll scream.

How DARE these enthusiasts of a corp be excited for an exciting moment in an exciting show! Why don't they use trombones? The sound is fake and they are lying to the audience! Audience reactions? Pshh. I want facecams of the audience when BD's guard does their tambourine buttslaps. Or when they are reminded of what "he said." Or hearing uptempo Arban exercises. (hyperbole is fun, ye?)

Crown is getting closer to Bloo. But has not jumped them since San Antonio. Cadets have yet to catch BD. I'm not sure why we're stating facts as if they're leading to some inevitable outcome? On semis night I will be more open and accepting of "who will beat who" topics but until then it's fair game for all corps.

Edited by THeShadeOfNight
  • Like 2

Actually, crowd facecams when BD guard does the tambourine buttslap would be pretty funny.

• Like 1

Dat Coats score from WV. Best ever for Coats. Word is they are getting clean. Really quick.

As of tonight, Coats have a .5 point lead on Cadets, and just 1.0 back from BD.

Edited by superOOk
  • Like 3

When you have as many shows with the top-5 as this year's schedule has, you don't need to wait for August 8th to see how they are doing against each other...... The judges have a pretty solid idea of where they stand and only changes to the show or cleaning is going to influence that order...... the more often it's BD 1, Cadets 2, SCV 5, the more it's going to take FINALS night to get the order changed.....

More than once a corps jumped or tripped ONLY on finals night...... especially since scores are at the top of the curve and, like gymnastics, it all comes down to one thing....like dismount.

Dat Coats score from WV. Best ever for Coats. Word is they are getting clean. Really quick.

As of tonight, Coats have a .5 point lead on Cadets, and just 1.0 back from BD.

Maybe for July, but Coats broke 96 in 2010 at Indy.

I do think it's just a matter of time before you can say "best score ever"

Because Bloo fans have taken over DCP this season. If one more thread opens up on the prerecorded sound bend thing, I think I'll scream.

Let me correct this for you :

"Bloo has turned all of DCP into their fans this season."

There, it's fixed.

• Like 3

Maybe for July, but Coats broke 96 in 2010 at Indy.

I do think it's just a matter of time before you can say "best score ever"

Ah, yes, you are correct. I mis-read the Coats FB post that said highest score in past 3 years. Duh....but yes, 96 will be broke in either Allentown or Massillon.