Staff merrigoround

I look at Boston's show this year as full of success.

You and perhaps others of your tastes, might have, but the judges, most of them much older than Michael Lentz, on the whole, did not like his show design very much. Lentz colleagues in the DCI current judging community gave Lentz a decidely thumbs down on this season's BAC production. Can't place most of that on the shoulders of the marchers either, as there are subcaptions on the sheets that speak to show design rather than execution. One judge, unnamed here, a female judging peer of Lentz, had Boston not even in the top 12 in her caption( more heavily weighted toward show design than performance in her caption ). At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how fans might have liked ( or even not liked ) any show from a Corps. Its first and lastly, what did the judges think. Michael Lentz knows the drill here. He was allowed to bow out gracefully. He'll be fine. Boston will be fine. Both leave on very good terms I'm hearing.

Sorry, I couldn't stand Boston's show this year. I do like edgy designs, but I saw that show live 4 times this season and it was 4 times too many. Mike is used to having success so I'm not surprised to see this when it didn't go his way. I'm looking forward to what Boston does next!

Sorry, I couldn't stand Boston's show this year. I do like edgy designs, but I saw that show live 4 times this season and it was 4 times too many. Mike is used to having success so I'm not surprised to see this when it didn't go his way. I'm looking forward to what Boston does next!

He, IMO is a great talent BUT also a feet stomper when the world doesnt get or want what he wants. Well known fact in the WGI arena.

You and perhaps others of your tastes, might have, but the judges, most of them much older than Michael Lentz, on the whole, did not like his show design very much. Lentz colleagues in the DCI current judging community gave Lentz a decidely thumbs down on this season's BAC production. Can't place most of that on the shoulders of the marchers either, as there are subcaptions on the sheets that speak to show design rather than execution. One judge, unnamed here, a female judging peer of Lentz, had Boston not even in the top 12 in her caption( more heavily weighted toward show design than performance in her caption ). At the end of the day, it doesn't matter how fans might have liked ( or even not liked ) any show from a Corps. Its first and lastly, what did the judges think. Michael Lentz knows the drill here. He was allowed to bow out gracefully. He'll be fine. Boston will be fine. Both leave on very good terms I'm hearing.

A judge can be progressive at 70 as well as a kid of 20 not have a progressive bone in their body. Your continual age reference I'm sure makes sense to you , although I would agree that some do need to go , just not for age reasons. Seems like Mr Chandler just won another guard trophy and with an extremely Non traditional look at a program, and he's no youngster.lol ( far from it ) It's one of the few arguments of about 5 you have..JK :silly:

Seriously though, I think show design was one thing BUT far more was the progression of the product. Sometimes cutting off your nose to spite your face just doesn't do any good for the whole and IMO that's what happened. You are right though, it was not to the fault of members at all.

The show did I will say cause lots of talk and that's a good thing. Probably the most discussed Boston show in a while.

Edited by GUARDLING

Markworth to Crossmen

"Music Ensemble Arranger for the corps in 2015."

Hm. That's a huge challenge. One of these days somebody is going to pull it off, and be amazing. Hasn't happened yet. Good luck to him. :thumbs-up:

• Like 1

Markworth to Crossmen

He was already with them. Just getting a promotion from Percussion arranger.

There's actually a lot of continuity in the Crossmen design staff for next year.

Edited by barigirl78

It has - David Reeves - Troopers 2011

What David did at Troopers was good. And he wasn't the first. Still waiting for amazing.