Boston Crusaders 2015 - 75th

Captain Castile. John Williams.

Moody Blues nights in white stain. Moody Blues.

Danny Boy. celtic woman.

Conguest ED Denon 1970 VFW national.

i'm not always the biggest fan of re-do's, but man, i'd love to see 90 updated

This was such an awesome show to march...with gr8 music...coronation...captain from castile...conquest...We had such a killer and very talented drumline that year...I hated carrying those huge gold flags on and off field that had the bases filled with sand...they were freaking heavy as heck!

Edited by Liahona

This was such an awesome show to march...with gr8 music...coronation...captain from castile...conquest...We had such a killer and very talented drumline that year...I hated carrying those huge gold flags on and off field that had the bases filled with sand...they were freaking heavy as heck!

I would not like to hear Castille, Knights in White Satin or Damny Boy by BAC. I would not like to hear a rehash or tribute show although I might be ok with this years Conquest. That was a fresh, new and ballsy version. Give me something new, never been played before. Make it difficult but achievable/executable, unlike this years program that stretched a bit beyond the mm's capability to be clean given the amount of time that was needed to get cleaner. Take from what stylistically worked from the audience perspective and align it with the sheets. Cut out superfluous body movement but fill the drill with smart, logical design elements and amplify the mm's strengths. And DEDICATE more time to clean each individual section particularly overall movement. Celebrate the 75th with a kicks&& show and forget rehashing past productions. No homage to past BAC is necessary.

• Like 1

Maybe add James taylor to the planning . Do you really think that Boston show was 10th.

If they want to continue with 'dark' themes, "A Clockwork Orange" show has great potential. The Glorious Ninth of Ludwig van is absolutely central to the story. If they want to follow the movie version (my absolute favorite movie of all time & very much follows the story in the book), includes music by Purcell, Rossini and Elgar among others. Guard could be outfitted w/ bowlers & codpieces. There is also the opportunity for guard equipment never before seen in DCI.

Edited by IllianaLancerContra
  • Like 1

If they want to continue with 'dark' themes, "A Clockwork Orange" show has great potential. The Glorious Ninth of Ludwig van is absolutely central to the story. If they want to follow the movie version (my absolute favorite movie of all time & very much follows the story in the book), includes music by Purcell, Rossini and Elgar among others. Guard could be outfitted w/ bowlers & codpieces. There is also the opportunity for guard equipment never before seen in DCI.

Clockwork orange would be good IF they decide to take that path BUT then get Back Brian Murphy. He did a great Clock Work Orange with St. Anns winter guard I think 2003 or 02

Clockwork orange would be good IF they decide to take that path BUT then get Back Brian Murphy. He did a great Clock Work Orange with St. Anns winter guard I think 2003 or 02

How was the WG show recieved? ACO is a violent and disturbing story (every time I have seen it in theater crowd cheers at end when Alex says "I was cured alright") with a disturbing message on free-will choices that are unacceptable in society. Very violent (including two brutal rape scenes), and very powerful. It seems to me the kind of show that could score very well, but at the same time be very controvertial (at the least).

How was the WG show recieved? ACO is a violent and disturbing story (every time I have seen it in theater crowd cheers at end when Alex says "I was cured alright") with a disturbing message on free-will choices that are unacceptable in society. Very violent (including two brutal rape scenes), and very powerful. It seems to me the kind of show that could score very well, but at the same time be very controvertial (at the least).

it was received very well. All year it was between them and Fantasia who did the KamaSutra .The Guard community tends to look at a theme just as that and not over analyze it. It's a 7.5min. time frame ( WC) to just get the essence of a show, if you do that..SUCCESS.

OH , Fantasia won! They did at some point call the show something else BUt everyone knew what it was..lol HOT SHOW, and done so well, both of them.

Edited by GUARDLING

Regarding the "dark" theme of 2014. Most of the information I heard from the corps via publicity was that the intent of the show was to get people to think for themselves and draw their own conclusions. That the show was a dark themed show was secondary. I think thought provoking was more the aim of BAC than dark and I'm not sure it is an indication of what we will see next year. If you look at their four past shows, none of them dovetail on what was done before: 2011 gave us feel good music from Les Mis and the 1812 Overture, 2012 gave us a more straightforward classical musical book (and their best placement), 2013 was eclectic with an emotional pull, and 2014 was like nothing BAC has attempted in previous years. There are some sound and stylistic similarities, but that's about it

If conflict, or dark themes, were to appear at all, I would expect them to appear initially, before being overcome. I would imagine, and probably choose myself if I were planning, a show that brings to mind the sense of triumph, or exultation.