Cadets 2015

Didn't really follow what they're wanting to do with the Mullholland Drive ballad, something about showcasing individuality and a teeny bit artsy piece with the guard.

Props -- 10 3x3x3ft things they'll use to give the visual a third dimension, but hopefully not the towers again, not even close. Some panels front and back. We'll see about the field lines. Potential for some new kinds of guard equipment that adds more layers to the 10 numeric theme. Very curious about guard unis.

But no known change to Cadet uni, except he said they might do some small things to the shakos.

Goal is for the performance to be the effect, not storylines and other design dictates.

• Like 1

Back in 2010 Cadets, Crown and Cavies had a show in Allentown. Each performed twice and the program coordinator explained the show to the audience. Very,very cool.

They also had a show like this the next day in Norfolk, VA. It was interesting...

2007 had probably one of my favorite openers minus the narration. Opening hit was insane. I can't wait to see that again on the field.

2007 had probably one of my favorite openers minus the narration. Opening hit was insane. I can't wait to see that again on the field.

But Cap, you know how the DCP posters are traditionalists and hate change. And since GH is such a popularist and loves to give the fans whatever they want and desire, I make this prediction.

At least by Atlanta there will be a DCP thread contest to create your own (said to yourself only) narration with you, Brasso, Cadets 2000, and Jeff Ream delegated by Hopkins to pick the best of the entries. The winning prize will be the chance to hear the winning entry recited aloud with the corps for the performance on August ninth.

Get your thinking caps on now!

• Like 2

GH said no voice to speak of. Just complexity and virtuosity. They're lucky they have so many Vets returning, Lots of brass players there from 2012 which is good retention nowadays.

GH said no voice to speak of. Just complexity and virtuosity. They're lucky they have so many Vets returning, Lots of brass players there from 2012 which is good retention nowadays.

Mm, no he said to expect a little "vocal assistance" in at least one place.

I can't imagine we'll hear that hit again this year, just those opening horn stabs before the hit. There WILL be a hit worked toward, he just didn't say from what piece of music.

I meant little to speak of, not void of. I certainly am liking the few crumbs we've been thrown.

I can't imagine we'll hear that hit again this year, just those opening horn stabs before the hit. There WILL be a hit worked toward, he just didn't say from what piece of music.

Exactly. I can't imagine they'll play that exact same arrangement or hit. Knowing Jay Bocook, it'll be a powerful crowd-pleasing hit, but not the exact same one as 2007.

I didn't hear the webinar last night but I did hear the prelude the corps worked on at earlier camps this winter.

The music folks will be very pleased...all the rest very intrigued.

It will certainly draw your at-TEN-sion.

I see what you did there :winky: