Cadets 2015

Sometimes on tour MMs can feel tired and go into learning changes with a reticent or dubious attitude.

NOT THIS TIME!

The members asked for a velocity ending last year in their end of year evaluations. The admin and staff have been talking to them about it since first camp in November.

Those I spoke with in person this weekend consistently spoke of excitement with the music, responsibility to the audience and corps' legacy, and enthusiasm for the challenge.

I'm sure you'll agree with the hopes that if the reality meets the hype it will be a great moment for audience and members alike.

Yeah from what I can see (and hear), the members don't seem to have any problems handling the challenges of this show, and I'm confident they'll be able to handle a powerful (hopefully breakneck, whiplash) ending too.

• Like 2

Yeah from what I can see (and hear), the members don't seem to have any problems handling the challenges of this show, and I'm confident they'll be able to handle a powerful (hopefully breakneck, whiplash) ending too.

God I hope the new ending is epic. Last summer all I heard was how they still had the great new ending to add. And all they did was bring the cheese-fest to the closer. Something tells me they will get it right this year though.

Edited by Yorkvillain

God I hope the new ending is epic. Last summer all I heard was how they still had the great new ending to add. And all they did was bring the cheese-fest to the closer. Something tells me they will get it right this year though.

This year we've heard what it's gonna be like, or I'd be skeptical as well. I feel pretty confident in saying it's gonna be ####### awesome.

• Like 2

This year we've heard what it's gonna be like, or I'd be skeptical as well. I feel pretty confident in saying it's gonna be ####### awesome.

Agreed.

I agree Cadets brass is #### good. As is BDs.

Wayne Dillon historically tends to place Crown a little further back than most brass judges. I don't think it's a conspiracy -- just an observation. There are definitely judges who tend to score some programs a little higher or lower than others in their caption.

Personally I just write it off to "judges have preferences too". Sure they do their best to compensate for them but IMO those preferences do bleed through into their scoring. Just the way it is.

There are always judges that any given program "likes" to see and "hates" to see on a panel.

Just reality.

I was in Allentown and Clifton. Crown has a wonderful brass line but I do think

they perform MUCH better loud. In the lower volumes, there were definitely issues, subtle but there. Fixable but they were there. Again, it's July 7th.

Edited by Tobias

I was in Allentown and Clifton. Crown has a wonderful brass line but I do think

They perform MUCH better loud. In the lower volumes, there was definitely issues, subtle buy there. Fixable but they were there. Again, it's July 7th.

You're right. There were some cracks, and some feet in the sound as well. Cadets had a few as well. Both the hornlines are incredible. I wouldn't wanna be a judge.

• Like 1

Cadets and BD are trading paint! Love it! Go get 'em Maroon and Gold!

• Like 1

It is going to be good. Keeps to the theme yet adds velocity and movement. I work about an 8-minute drive from where they are rehearsing today, so I took a drive over to watch. They were doing just-visual chunks of the new stuff they are learning, singing the parts.