Cadets 2015

I honestly think BD is the front runner for the Ott, but Cadets have an honest shot at it. I wouldn't worry too much over placements tonight. I've looked at Power of Ten as a come from behind masterpiece. It will get its respect during finals week. BD's visual is soooo muddled. It's some of the worst I've seen from them in recent history. Yeah, I know they came in first tonight, but Cadets will catch them. At some point, the judges are going to have to concede that BD has been giving us the same visual formula since 2008, and the concept is growing stale. There's nothing "avant garde" about it anymore. Was it ever avant garde?

While I agree with you about the fact that BD's shows have been very similar visually, what makes you think judges will say "wow this is similar to last year! Although they're performing it well, I'm going to score the corps lower than they deserve!"?

SCV used pretty much the exact same show from 88 to 89 and their scores went up. I don't think "staleness" is a factor.

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 2

So far, that horn line is scary good. I can't help but think it is only going to get better. The show is worth the price of admission for the French Horn feature by its self, let alone the 220+ beats per minute Shosti. Insanity in motion!

I like to remember the maximum beats per minute of 226 as 2+2+6=10. I didn't hear the show in Foxboro tonight but postings indicate the french horns were very sharp and on their game.

Glad to see the bars and hoops are no longer white, and even happier to see that the swing flags have been replaced! Swing flags at that size and at that speed are #### near impossible to get 100% clean, not worth the visual impact or the reward on the sheets. Overall, this guard is being asked to do SO MUCH! I think this might be one of, if not the most difficult flag book of the season. The flag line in the closer is giving me life!

Lmfao @ "giving me life!" :laughing::laughing:

I like to remember the maximum beats per minute of 226 as 2+2+6=10. I didn't hear the show in Foxboro tonight but postings indicate the french horns were very sharp and on their game.

That's fun.

On another note, I have to say that initially, I wasn't too excited about the intro to the show, but it seems to have grown on me.

Edited by 2000Cadet

@Cappybara: They couldn't score it lower on Achievement; however Content could be a different story. I will concede it would be a stretch of the meaning of content.

Edited by wallace

Per GH:

"Very Proud of the Cadets.

Strong performance ... perhaps not their best according to the visual staff but still they were improved and consistent.

We do have the ending coming ...
and we have some ends of phrases and events that need to be brought to a higher level.

This will take some time.

Congrats BD ... an excellent performance this evening"

Although there's no date as to when the ending is coming, we can look forward to the fact that it IS coming.

While I agree with you about the fact that BD's shows have been very similar visually, what makes you think judges will say "wow this is similar to last year! Although they're performing it well, I'm going to score the corps lower than they deserve!"?

SCV used pretty much the exact same show from 88 to 89 and their scores went up. I don't think "staleness" is a factor.

I wouldn't expect the judges to compare last year to this year. But since they performed right after the Cadets I assumed that looking at apples and apples Cadets visual is superior to Blue Devils even though the score shows otherwise. But let's face it, a lot of the time I wonder what show the judges are looking at when it comes to the BD. :wall:

• Like 1

I've decided that I love this show, and I don't care if they get fifth place because it is a "dated" design. This is The Cadets and The Cadets are ####### awesome.

The design isn't dated. At least, not according to the judges last night. They beat BD in content for all GE and music captions.

I've decided that I love this show, and I don't care if they get fifth place because it is a "dated" design. This is The Cadets and The Cadets are ####### awesome.

Gonna go on a limb and say they will do much better than 5th.

• Like 1