Cadets 2015

If anything holds the Cadets back from the title it's most likely the total demand in the show. I love that they have given us this throwback to their run 'n' gun days of the 90s with a modern touch, and the music is just a joy to listen to; but such a demanding beast takes time to clean. Might be too much to ask. Then again, who knows. They were pretty clean last night and I thought they played the heck out of their music book (battery, pit, brass).

The members wanted this show, the audience wanted this show -- they've given us a new 85/92/93/97/98/01 show (note only half of those were champions), and this fan is very pleased no matter the placement. (I would be VERY pleased with a gold...)

When the members "beg" for it, you know they'll rise to the occasion and not look back. It doesn't guarantee a placement, but it guarantees heart and drive and energy.

• Like 5

This thread gets more and more depressing every day.

Let's pray there is no "last ditch" nonsense added to the show. I think Cadets, Crown, and BD all face the same challenge: get clean for finals.

If they stay focused on that, it's gonna stay interesting.

Edited by corpsband

Oh for god's sake.

don't feed him please..

• Like 2

This thread gets more and more depressing every day.

STOP IT !!!! :wow::muahaha::bleah: :big hug: :fight::mat::guinesssmilie::cheer:

Judging by last year, Hop is losing his ability to peak the show at the right time.

When has any director, corps or otherwise, ever been able to effect when a show peaks? There is a time when it happens, sometimes its just at the right moment, sometimes not. I remember hoping for those times to be right with my own groups, but I could never orchestrate them or plan for them.

Judging by last year, Hop is losing his ability to peak the show at the right time.

Well this is this year AND competition is fierce so let's not criticize Cadets or GH too much and we all know DCI will select the panel to put their pick in number one. Corps only do what they can do and then DCI has to pick a winner with panel selection especially this year. Their is an optimal panel that would put each of the top 3/4 in top spot. At least Cadets are taking risks and making the effort to stand out from the rest of the season. I respect their balls...Champs take risks and whether it succeeds or now, my respect for Cadets is even greater.. Edited by Tobias
  • Like 2

Well this is this year AND competition is fierce so let's not criticize Cadets or GH too much.

For the past couple weeks I've been doing nothing but defending the Cadets. I think they can tolerate a bit of criticism.

For the past couple weeks I've been doing nothing but defending the Cadets. I think they can tolerate a bit of criticism.

Cappy, for some reason I like you. I was just using your comment to make a blanket point. Wasn't lashing at you.