Cadets 2015

Cappy, for some reason I like you. I was just using your comment to make a blanket point. Wasn't lashing at you.

Gotcha. But going back to the post I quoted and your edit, I completely agree about Cadets taking risks. I love how they have been throwing out surprise after surprise this year and I especially love Hopkins' "what's done is done" attitude in regard to the uniforms. Whatever these guys place, I'll know that the design staff and the corps members did all they could to put out a show that could compete for a championship.

• Like 3

Let's pray there is no "last ditch" nonsense added to the show. I think Cadets, Crown, and BD all face the same challenge: get clean for finals.

If they stay focused on that, it's gonna stay interesting.

THANK YOU. Cadets seem to be facing so much more criticism at this point when they are literally a few tenths behind the top corps. So many people coming on with their own little opinions about what needs to change and so on a so forth to accommodate THEIR needs from the show. I'm sure Cadets, Crown, BD, etc have an idea of what they should do to make the most out this last week. The competition is fierce this year and just because Cadets may not come in first, second, or third, does not mean they haven't performed a great show to the best of their ability.

• Like 8

THANK YOU. Cadets seem to be facing so much more criticism at this point when they are literally a few tenths behind the top corps. So many people coming on with their own little opinions about what needs to change and so on a so forth to accommodate THEIR needs from the show. I'm sure Cadets, Crown, BD, etc have an idea of what they should do to make the most out this last week. The competition is fierce this year and just because Cadets may not come in first, second, or third, does not mean they haven't performed a great show to the best of their ability.

I think it goes back to me, and a lot of other people, have said: it seems like the Cadets get criticized for just being the Cadets.

• Like 1

I honestly don't think DCI has made up their minds who will win because it's so close. Everyone has a weakness so it will come down to intensity and performance. Once I see panel selection, I'll know who DCI gave the nod to. They'll still need to go out and perform but the panel will be selected to best reward that corps if they do.
  • Like 1

I honestly don't think DCI has made up their minds who will win because it's so close. Everyone has a weakness so it will come down to intensity and performance. Once I see panel selection, I'll know who DCI gave the nod to. They'll still need to go out and perform but the panel will be selected to best reward that corps if they do.

I'm still going to profess that the Cadet will POP under the Indy lights. It (hopefully) will help by making the field less shadowy so they're easier to see.

Gotcha. But going back to the post I quoted and your edit, I completely agree about Cadets taking risks. I love how they have been throwing out surprise after surprise this year and I especially love Hopkins' "what's done is done" attitude in regard to the uniforms. Whatever these guys place, I'll know that the design staff and the corps members did all they could to put out a show that could compete for a championship.

Love the Black..miss the scissor legs..lol :tounge2:

DCI shouldn't have made up their minds about anything. If that is the case, then they decided before hand who will win and not base it on the actual performance?? Not that it would surprise me since I do believe that happens more often than not . If this really is the case then just blow up the entire process because it is unfair and who wants to play that way. Corps should demand unbiased judging. But being involved in the activity for decades I know how it works and should not be surprised. Each decade it seems champions were decided not just by performance. Who they gave the nod to reasoning send shivers up my back and seems unfair to the thousands of kids that work their butts off only to be cast aside by adults who have no business being involved in this activity.

Edited by jonwoody

Maybe if they added the bottle dance, that could push them over the top. ahhh the joy / panic of finals week.

• Like 3

1st you notice all the experts are on the outside looking in pretty much yet know how to fix everything for this corps who is tenths out of 1st. That says alot right there. Cadets have have ups and downs with critiques this year from people. Look back it was the best thing ever and Cadets have the best show , then the guard uniform debate now some picking everything apart including what they may eat if they could. even someone in another thread posting how they compared cadets to a corps , well lets says isnt looking at top 5 or 7. Crazy, Some have to talk about the weather or a parade or tailgating just to keep who they like on the front page of the threads, which is fine but still feel the need to critique everyone else.. I guess thats human nature of some sorts. Cadets as well as others on top know it comes with the territory , although it does suck but it does come with being one of the best. You know this , I know being a cadet yourself. All I say is for Cadets win or lose , I think they got this as do a few others.

Maybe if they added the bottle dance, that could push them over the top. ahhh the joy / panic of finals week.

I was assured in another thread that the uni change was planned last fall, and that this is not finals week anything.