Cadets 2015

I was assured in another thread that the uni change was planned last fall, and that this is not finals week anything.

I wasn't referring to the uniform change. I think it's pretty bad asss. I was referring to the general anxiety that gets ramped up at the end of the season.

This thread gets more and more depressing every day.

Buck up, Cadet! You know what this group is capable of doing - you yourself have done it. Finals will be a dogfight, but nothing that this staff (and most of the vets marching) haven't been through before.

The only thing worth getting depressed about is DCI not securing audio/video rights for these corps and not being able to watch and listen to this show over and over again.

• Like 4

DCI shouldn't have made up their minds about anything. If that is the case, then they decided before hand who will win and not base it on the actual performance?? Not that it would surprise me since I do believe that happens more often than not . If this really is the case then just blow up the entire process because it is unfair and who wants to play that way. Corps should demand unbiased judging. But being involved in the activity for decades I know how it works and should not be surprised. Each decade it seems champions were decided not just by performance. Who they gave the nod to reasoning send shivers up my back and seems unfair to the thousands of kids that work their butts off only to be cast aside by adults who have no business being involved in this activity.

It's NEVER been this tight between 4 groups the week of nationals. They will have to choose someone.

It's NEVER been this tight between 4 groups the week of nationals. They will have to choose someone.

DCI doesn't need to choose anyone. They just need to let the subcaptions judges do their jobs, and after adding everything up, whoever has the most points wins.

• Like 2

DCI doesn't need to choose anyone. They just need to let the subcaptions judges do their jobs, and after adding everything up, whoever has the most points wins.

Hmmm. They select panels .

Yes, they select the most experienced judges for championship week. What's the point?

• Like 1

For example tonight's slate is very BD. If cadets eeke out a victory tonight they would pull away next week.

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 1

It's NEVER been this tight between 4 groups the week of nationals.

One should always be careful never to say " never "..... and to do so with caps for emphasis.

Especially, when they are simply wrong.

For example ( just one year alone.. for illustration ) in 1990, there was a dead heat among 4 Corps coming into Championships. The 4 Corps that year in a dead heat were Cadets, Cavaliers, Blue Devils, Star of Indiana. To bear this out, the 4 Corps were all within a point of each other even into the Quarterfinals. Even the 5th place Corps that year ( would you believe.. it was SCV ) were even closer to the top spot than SCV is this year ( SCV was under 2 points out of 1st place in the Quarterfinals that season )

Edited by BRASSO

The point is the same handful of judges have been involved in the activity (and in the BOA, High School Band activity) for decades...

It is past time to add to the judging pool and not allow the same two dozen judges make the same decisions at every contest year after year...

and their reward the "hall of fame"...

Edited by ashevillemurphy