Cavaliers 2015

As we work through our web server issue, here are The Cavaliers' 2015 announcement details:

The Cavaliers will raise the bar once again with an amazing display of athleticism in our 2015 production, GAME ON.

Contestants are introduced into a grand arena and presented with obstacles that will challenge their strength, speed, agility, flexibility, and mental power.
GAME ON will feature an aggressively entertaining and emotional musical score, drawing from the sources "Fetes" from "Nocturnes" by Debussy, "Macrotus" by Zimmer/Newton Howard, and the final movement of "On the Shoulders of Giants" by Peter Graham.

CCGEZhHVEAAk9sW.png

This sounds REALLY cool. Theme sounds pretty broad, but with a lot of really really really cool ideas they could utilize, this part has me especially excited:

Contestants are introduced into a grand arena and presented with obstacles that will challenge their strength, speed, agility, flexibility, and mental power.

I really like the musical selections, I also love that there's only 3 of them! That seems pretty uncommon these days when some corps pick upwards of ten pieces. They seem really focused. Should allow them to stay closer to the originals and really let some stuff develop. It seems pretty obvious to me what they'll be used for:

Opener - Debussy. Ballad - Zimmer. Closer - Graham. Drum feature in there somewhere during the front or back half. The Debussy is pretty fun, energetic, and playful with a lot of notes. The Zimmer selection from Batman is pretty gorgeous, will make a fantastic ballad. And the Graham selection speaks for itself. That's going to be an amazing closer. The first and last selections have a bunch of notes, I'm looking forward to what seems like will be a pretty big music book. If the little teases they've posted are any hint, sounds like the brass line is continuing to improve.

With their slow and steady improvement over the past 3 years, I'm pretty stoked about this show. I think it's going to be a REALLY fun presentation.

The logo certainly has an obstacle course appearance to it now that you say that. I thought video game at first, but that sounds more along the lines of their description.

I was half kidding. Honestly was thinking Running Man as a more similar esthetic.

I am racking my old brain trying to remember which of the PBS/BBC action mystery series used Graham's On the Shoulders of Giants as a theme piece.

Morse, Lynley, I don't quite recall. It's where I first heard the piece and have loved it ever since.

addendum: Morse and Lynley series are too early for its' composition. Perhaps in a segment of Inspector Lewis???

Interestingly, the Wikipedia article on Peter Graham mentions Broken Arrown H.S. BOA band and "the famous Blue Knights Drum and Bugle Corps" playing his pieces, but no mention of The Cavaliers who also played Harrison's Dream a few seasons back, no?

Another writing job for Chris Lugo.

Edited by xandandl

I thought last years Cavaliers show was one of my favorite they ever did! I LOVED that show!!! Their pit was insane and the guard did a really great job of portraying their characters.

I am listening to the Peter Graham piece and really like what I hear. I can definitely see them doing this. This concept sounds pretty interesting. I really look forward to what the Green Machine does this year.

It's sound perfect for Cavies. Very excited to see them. Best of luck Green Machine!

The logo certainly has an obstacle course appearance to it now that you say that. I thought video game at first, but that sounds more along the lines of their description.

Yea I get the feeling this show could be on the lines of their Machine show.