Cavaliers 2015

Wondering if donors, alums, and members didn't just get the show announcement based on their last Facebook post. Im really excited to see what they're doing this year......

Yup. It's a good one.

Game over?

Oh really?

GAME ON! :tounge2:

Edited by jjeffeory

I hate to say, but I agree with an earlier post about 2012.

Feels like a step back to me, which is a bummer because I love the musical selections.

• Like 1

Feels like a step back to me, which is a bummer because I love the musical selections.

Not disagreeing, but I'd like to know the similarities? Just purely out of interest.

Considering a bunch of the staff that was around for that isn't around any more, and the only changes they've made this year have been really good ones, along with them steadily improving over three seasons, almost paced over the last few years, I don't see it myself. Maybe I'm missing something. If we're going with the show announcement isn't appealing, last year two of my favorites at the end of the season were not even on my radar when I first heard the announcement. Bluecoats, maybe not terrible, but it didn't really hit me as something that I'd fall in love with the way I did. Blue Knights, theme sounded vague, boring, tacky, and muddy. Turned into the complete opposite. And of course there's the transverse of how many shows I hype out the butt and then I'm really disappointed, I won't name those.

If the source music is great and the theme and title are a little vague.....that leaves a lot of room for what they're going to do. I say at least give it a chance. I'm excited but it could be a bomb. Or it couldn't be a bomb. We shall see in about 2 months.

• Like 2

Yeah I made the 2012 comment. The reason why is that it just sorta seems like such an out there theme much like 2012 and I'm just not sure how well they'll design the show. They chose good source music though so who knows how it will really turn out!

• Like 1

Not disagreeing, but I'd like to know the similarities? Just purely out of interest.

Considering a bunch of the staff that was around for that isn't around any more, and the only changes they've made this year have been really good ones, along with them steadily improving over three seasons, almost paced over the last few years, I don't see it myself. Maybe I'm missing something. If we're going with the show announcement isn't appealing, last year two of my favorites at the end of the season were not even on my radar when I first heard the announcement. Bluecoats, maybe not terrible, but it didn't really hit me as something that I'd fall in love with the way I did. Blue Knights, theme sounded vague, boring, tacky, and muddy. Turned into the complete opposite. And of course there's the transverse of how many shows I hype out the butt and then I'm really disappointed, I won't name those.

If the source music is great and the theme and title are a little vague.....that leaves a lot of room for what they're going to do. I say at least give it a chance. I'm excited but it could be a bomb. Or it couldn't be a bomb. We shall see in about 2 months.

Great music with a theme that seems vague, at the same time borderline comical and possibly even like something a marching band might do because their students are "gamers" would be where I start with my thinking.

I realize a few more details have been given, but it seems to me that it is a forced idea. Almost as though people sat around and said we gave great music and someone threw out this idea, and since no one had any other ways to tie it all together we have this.

My take on it, based on the description (such as it is) is that they're looking at game as being sport, and not video gaming. I could be wrong, but I don't associate video gaming with athleticism.

Edited by Slingerland
  • Like 3

Great music with a theme that seems vague, at the same time borderline comical and possibly even like something a marching band might do because their students are "gamers" would be where I start with my thinking.

I realize a few more details have been given, but it seems to me that it is a forced idea. Almost as though people sat around and said we gave great music and someone threw out this idea, and since no one had any other ways to tie it all together we have this.

That's pretty much how the Bluecoats show came together last year. Sounds like we're seeing and thinking two different things.

But thematically, I'd agree if that's tbe path they take with it. I took it as American Gladiator, doing cool ####, "LOOK WHAT WE CAN DO!" The graphic looked like gaming at first, but I'm not so sure. I kinda see obstacle course. I'd like it if they would provide some clarity, because that's exactly what I thought at first with the gaming thing. We will see I guess.

Speaking of gaming some corps should REALLY take a look at some game soundtracks (not Zimmer cause it's like his movie stuff), there's a gold mine of untouched music in that idiom that's just waiting to be used.

Edited by DrumManTx

But thematically, I'd agree if that's tbe path they take with it. I took it as American Gladiator, doing cool ####, "LOOK WHAT WE CAN DO!" The graphic looked like gaming at first, but I'm not so sure. I kinda see obstacle course. I'd like it if they would provide some clarity, because that's exactly what I thought at first with the gaming thing. We will see I guess.

Knowing what I do about the organization, there won't be any clarification until the 1st performance. Because they tend to hold their ideas close to the chest and don't want to "spoil the surprise."

I think video games is fairly off base, since it is about obstacles and athleticism. American Gladiator could actually be much closer, with just as much bravado but less cheesy showmanship.

Edited by littlejaw