The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

This is a great overview of the brass band movement - they make a reference to drum and bugle corps near the end of the video. Brass bands are down in numbers as well, but it's still a really neat tradition and genre. A different horse for a different course, but I think a lot of drum corps fans can relate to the brass band movement -- this is a great intro if you are not familiar with brass bands - followed up by the youtube video: Extreme Make-over - Krohnengen Brass Band - NM 2018

Check it out!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, I saw there's a remake of Road House coming out and I got all nostalgic and looked up who wrote the music for the original one with Patrick Swayze.  The composer is none other than the GOAT Michael Kamen.  It's actually pretty darn good.  Not quite on par with New Moon in Old Moon's Arms (Phantom 2010) or his stuff from Band of Brothers, Robin Hood, Mr. Holland's Opus, Die Hard, etc, but I still think this could be great for drum corps:

A tribute to the music of Lester Young.  Everyone wears porkpie hats. Finals week slow tag added to exit the field...Charles Mingus's tune of course.

• Like 2

Oh I know!  Something with a bodhran!

[marks calendar for 2037]

• Haha 2

41 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

A Steely Dan show…dang. It would be the ultimate cool groove.

Bluecoats 85 played Donald Fagen's Walk between the raindrops 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Anybody else familiar with this piece???? Would love for Regiment to pull this off! You have to commit to watch the entire opera then draw your conclusion. Here’s a teaser

On 2/2/2024 at 8:58 AM, MikeRapp said:

A Steely Dan show…dang. It would be the ultimate cool groove.

Boston included Steely Dan’s “Kid Charlemagne” in their repertoire  (a few times) years ago.  At no time did they play it though.