The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

that keller band is huge. wow. are there a lot of marching bands like that?

Keller is a pretty average 6A in terms of size in Texas. Coppell and Duncanville are probably the two largest at the state level competitively in Texas. Coppell with lots of Cadets connections from what I understand.

Keller is a pretty average 6A in terms of size in Texas. Coppell and Duncanville are probably the two largest at the state level competitively in Texas. Coppell with lots of Cadets connections from what I understand.

If I remember correctly, Duncanville is where Will Pitts (Phantom's arranger) was on full time school faculty before being called back to the land of Peaches and Hartsfield Airport.

One of my favorites!

I wish there was more Jenkins on the field, in general.

For a ballad, perhaps by Cadets or Phantom, I think the following could be tightened into a very nice 2-3 minutes. But please, trust the music to stand on its own simple beauty - no interpolated Crown-esque runs to juice it up.

Benedictus, from The Armed Man: A Mass for Peace, by Karl Jenkins

For a ballad, perhaps by Cadets or Phantom, I think the following could be tightened into a very nice 2-3 minutes. But please, trust the music to stand on its own simple beauty - no interpolated Crown-esque runs to juice it up.

Will alto/tenor horns be the new 'thing" for 2017 now that the audience has already lost the novelty factor of T-bones and concert French horns? Plus much more doable for today's visuals than sousaphones for those lines still wanting to be "unique," "cutting edge" or not publicly admitting to being lobbied by Yamaha and other mfgrs.

Edited by xandandl

SCV did it in 2011 under the title "The Eternal Knot."

SCV did it in 2011 under the title "The Eternal Knot."

one of my favorite ballads of the decade so far.

i don't like most of his work the way it's orchestrated, especially the choir parts, but it lends itself really well to brass.

i really like this cue from the same album, and think it could work with some sort of tribal theme for a dci show

Edited by Lance

Please please please please Fire in the Blood!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=llPj1XwxV5U

Or also Dark Side of the Moon, possibly my favorite brass band piece ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgZrRENou1U

Could work either as a ballad or as a hard-hitting fast piece.

Or also Dark Side of the Moon, possibly my favorite brass band piece ever:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rgZrRENou1U

Could work either as a ballad or as a hard-hitting fast piece.

Considering Carolina Crown won a championship with this piece in their rep, I'd agree that it could work. :cool: