The "Music Corps Should Do" thread

Terrible movie, but a pretty awesome cue from James Horner before he started plagiarizing himself over and over. 

I'm a big fan of his Star Trek 2 and 3 soundtracks, too, but I don't think anybody has dared attempt them since BK back in 93?

Edited by Lance

Not necessarily something a corps should play, but my wife has been watching the show Mr. Selfridge, and every time I hear the theme song I think "man, this would be a great Blue Devils piece!". (only 30 seconds if you want to take a listen)

1 hour ago, friendwhale said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYvCkfLjQFQ

This would be a real pain to arrange but I don't care

Sounds like Crown 2013.  

Im not really a huge Bluecoats fan, but I have had a recent fascination with Kinetic Noise.  "Woods" by Bon Iver....that is one of the coolest songs I have heard ever.  I cant believe Bloo was even able to put that on the field let alone find the song in the first place.

I have always thought that this selection would make for nice source material. With the use of vocals that some have been very good at, I feel that this would be divine.

Another selection that I have always had a soft place in my heart for, and is from a group that was based out of my home town, I really would love this lovely ballad to be utilized in the future.

A bit long to actually stand alone as a ballad, but the first 2:20 could make a really powerful opener, with the rest of the piece being a ballad or even a closer.

• Like 1