Ond Flatulent-Person Complaint

Calling these " Marching Bands " is probably where both the newer fans and older generation fans are coming around in mutual agreement and in increasing agreement it seems to me. With each passing year, it becomes less and less of an issue. Soon, it will be universally accepted by young and old alike that these units are " Marching Bands " and everyone will just laugh it all off as to why there was such a big deal over this for so long. I think this is all a non issue these days now with most fans... old and new alike. I talk across generations now with fans, alums... those from the 50's, 60's... all the way up to those that march for their first time now. These DCI units today are " Marching Bands ", and there is far FAR more agreement on this than we might occasionally read on here from a few DCP'ers that we might just need to be a bit more patient and understanding with. They will eventually come around in time to this acknowledgement as well, and then everybody can finally just chill and relax regarding this.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

As they say, any publicity is good publicity as long as they spell your name right.

• Like 2

As they say, any publicity is good publicity as long as they spell your name right.

I agree. I grew up with drums corps (late 1960's to late 1970's) and often we were at Junior (12-21 years) and Senior (21 and over) combined drum corps conests. When I moved from southern Ontario to northern Alberta in 1976 I experienced both drum corps and marching band at the same contests. Some of the marching bands became international showbands. During our annual July parade in the late 1970's and 1980's our fair city knew the difference between drum corps and marching band. The only reason why the drum corps I taught and marched with in 77-79 was called Drum and Bugle Band was because it made sense for international contest promotion! We know the difference here. Does the planet know? It's up to you to promote it. Any publicity is good publicity as long as you show that what you do is good. It's been a long week. There's no emoticon or words for what I'm trying to say. Go to a contest this summer and experience it, whatever the it is. Do it, have fun!

Disagree. I may not care if a corps is called a band but I don't think a corps or a band should be called a corpse.

If you didn't know, Anstig has been calling 'corps' 'corpse's since the Cavaliers show this past season. Started off as a clever joke that he has continued.

If you didn't know, Anstig has been calling corps "corpses" since the Cavaliers show this past season. Started off as a clever joke that he has continued.

The "corps" / "corpse" joke predates last year.

One drum corps at least two years ago was selling tee shirts showing the "evolution of the drum corps member" whose final stage was "drum corpse".

And I've mentioned this before, but: at the Massillon show in 2010, the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team was one of the show sponsors (this was less than a month after LeBron James's departure), and they had a pitchman and mascot on hand, while the scores were tabulated. launching tee shirts into the stands. The pitchman clearly had no idea about the event he was attending. He would direct the aim of the launcher by audience response to such questions as "Where is the Bluecoats corpse?", "where is the Santa Clara Vanguard corpse?", etc.

• Like 1

The "corps" / "corpse" joke predates last year.

One drum corps at least two years ago was selling tee shirts showing the "evolution of the drum corps member" whose final stage was "drum corpse".

And I've mentioned this before, but: at the Massillon show in 2010, the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team was one of the show sponsors (this was less than a month after LeBron James's departure), and they had a pitchman and mascot on hand, while the scores were tabulated. launching tee shirts into the stands. The pitchman clearly had no idea about the event he was attending. He would direct the aim of the launcher by audience response to such questions as "Where is the Bluecoats corpse?", "where is the Santa Clara Vanguard corpse?", etc.

At least it finally took all attention away from "Where is Jimmy Hoffa's corpse?"

If you didn't know, Anstig has been calling 'corps' 'corpse's since the Cavaliers show this past season. Started off as a clever joke that he has continued.

Oh. I figured he was just reading from a teleprompter like the president was when he referred to the navy corpsemen.

Troopers are listed as a 'Band' on the Indy 500 parade lineup.

Beware of seismic activity in Casper WY as Jones spins in his grave at 5000 rpm.

They ARE a band. Am I missing something here? Drum corps is a subset of the term "band" - a type of band

They ARE a band. Am I missing something here? Drum corps is a subset of the term "band" - a type of band

I kinda love all the outrage/shock when a drum corps is called a band. It's as if they're implying that a band is some degrading thing and that corps are morally superior or something. It's really such a dumb take.

• Like 2