2016 Prediction Thread

I also believe that as the Crossmen have improved their retention rate has been higher and they drawing more of that rich Texas talent. That is one factor I did notiice this year is that seemed to be more talented across the board. My opinion is that if the design team stays intact, they could very well make a move into that next tier.

So by that you mean move into the 7-9 range? Because I think they showed that this year they moved up a tier from being at the top of the 12-17 pack to jumping into contention with Blue Stars, Boston, and almost Madison in the 9-12 range. I think they have already made a move up. Its more of will they stay solidly in that group or move up to the top and start challenging higher?

Whenever someone says that so and so Corps is going to " move up ", they rarely state which Corps or Corps they believe that Corps is going to subplant in that rise. Corps get better all the time too. The fact that a Corps will be better next season should take into consideration that most other Corps above that Corps will probably get better too. Two things... not one.. have to occur for a Corps to move up in placement. 1) they have to have a better Show Design ( having better talent in the Corps the following season won't do it ) and 2) that better Show Design must be executed better than the Show Designs for the Corps immediately above them. The historical evidence shows that more Corps the following season either remain in placement position ( or drop in placement ) than rise in placement the following season. And no more than 2 or 3 Corps ( of the top 20 ) move up in any given year more than 2 placement positions from the previous season..

Edited by BRASSO

I would like to know how long the BD dynasty can stand. In all of sports and entertainment, has there ever been a more dominant force to be reckoned with? I don't take a thing away from those talented, hard working kids, the teaching, the superb design, the commitment to excellence, but it IS tiresome when BD keeps winning or occasionally settles for silver (since I've been a fan, anyway). I would like to predict an upset to the apple cart next year, but given the young BD this year, I fear it might be mere wishful thinking.

I absolutely LOVED Crown's show this year. Not at first, but it grew on me and it was the only show that really took me on a journey I could feel and I was right there with the story line of the performance. Their color guard was absolutely stunning every night and they brought the show to life. I really wanted Crown to win and thought they had the show to win.

Soooo, I predict that Crown has a chance to win gold next year, but they have to bring their A+ game. BD is just so formidable. Coats, Cadets, you too. Somebody has got to beat them - for the good of the activity.

When BD was housing in Grand Terrace Ca in June, i went to the afternoon rehearsal before the Riverside show that night. I was sitting behind someone who apparently knew Scojo. When the corps took a water break, the guy was talking to Scojo and mentioned how the corps is coming along nicely. Scojo shook his head and said he can't wait for 2016 cause 75% of the corps returns next year with a full season under their belt. 2015 BD grew up before our very eyes. They are the first BD corps to come from behind and win on finals night. And they are first to win a title without taking a regional. BD is gonna be a force to reckon with in 2016. And if they do a all Gordon Goodwin show which me and just about every other BD honk hopes they do, it will be every BD haters worst nightmare cause they will 3 peat. Not calling you a BD hater cause i have seen you give props to every corps including BD. But if they do the GG show its over. It will be like 2014, a race for 2nd place. Heck i am calling it right now and DCP can hold me to this.......if BD does an all GG show, they will score 99+ in 2016.

• Like 1

When BD was housing in Grand Terrace Ca in June, i went to the afternoon rehearsal before the Riverside show that night. I was sitting behind someone who apparently knew Scojo. When the corps took a water break, the guy was talking to Scojo and mentioned how the corps is coming along nicely. Scojo shook his head and said he can't wait for 2016 cause 75% of the corps returns next year with a full season under their belt. 2015 BD grew up before our very eyes. They are the first BD corps to come from behind and win on finals night. And they are first to win a title without taking a regional. BD is gonna be a force to reckon with in 2016. And if they do a all Gordon Goodwin show which me and just about every other BD honk hopes they do, it will be every BD haters worst nightmare cause they will 3 peat. Not calling you a BD hater cause i have seen you give props to every corps including BD. But if they do the GG show its over. It will be like 2014, a race for 2nd place. Heck i am calling it right now and DCP can hold me to this.......if BD does an all GG show, they will score 99+ in 2016.

More than BD honks want an all Godwin show. Curious what the age out number was for then this year since you said it was a younger corps. Normally BD has a high turnover due to so many age outs. Every year they come out with something new so I can't wait for next year.

More than BD honks want an all Godwin show. Curious what the age out number was for then this year since you said it was a younger corps. Normally BD has a high turnover due to so many age outs. Every year they come out with something new so I can't wait for next year.

I have no clue what the age out number is. All i know is they was indeed young this year. And with the level of competition they had to deal with this year, that bodes well for them next year. But i can't wait for next year either. Lets just keep our fingers crossed for a GG show.

And if they do a all Gordon Goodwin show which me and just about every other BD honk hopes they do, it will be every BD haters worst nightmare cause they will 3 peat. Not calling you a BD hater cause i have seen you give props to every corps including BD. But if they do the GG show its over.

Thank you for realizing I'm not a BD hater - not a hater of any corps. I love them all. I enjoyed BD's show a lot, esp. when Clara showed up - I just enjoyed Crown's more and thought it had the content and execution to get the job done. Crown's shows tend to get under my skin when no other shows do. I also love healthy competition and the thought that anybody has a shot at winning. It's starting to look like that possibility is fading for '16 and IMO, that is not necessarily good for the activity. Again, this is my view and many probably disagree. I just wonder what, if anything, could ever bring down the BD dynasty?

Truth be known, I have tremendous respect for the BD organization, but so much dominance gets tiresome. Wouldn't we love to see another organization rise to the top for awhile? Again, my view. Agree or disagree it's just an honest opinion, an honest desire.

Edited by luv4corps

Thank you for realizing I'm not a BD hater - not a hater of any corps. I love them all. I enjoyed BD's show a lot, esp. when Clara showed up - I just enjoyed Crown's more and thought it had the content and execution to get the job done. Crown's shows tend to get under my skin when no other shows do. I also love healthy competition and the thought that anybody has a shot at winning. It's starting to look like that possibility is fading for '16 and IMO, that is not necessarily good for the activity. Again, this is my view and many probably disagree. I just wonder what, if anything, could ever bring down the BD dynasty?

Truth be known, I have tremendous respect for the BD organization, but so much dominance gets tiresome.

Other corps need to do better. Plain and simple.

• Like 2

Other corps need to do better. Plain and simple.

Indeed you are correct. I guess the real question is - is that ever going to happen?