2016 Prediction Thread

What would INT be without a good feeder Corps ?

So my prediction is that they'll be back next year in the middle of the pack once again.

• Like 1

I predict that in 2016, Jeff Ream's head will explode like the guy from "Scanners" because

the "higher ups" in DCI will award the Championship to the Corps with the second highest score....just

to see if they can pull it off. DCI will then become Skynet and Judgement day will begin!

CRAP. Hey guys, I'll be watching finals from Crystal Peak. Bandwidth will suck but it will be worth it.

• Like 1

I'd love to know what you are referring to. Was this something you observed on this forum?

The whole "Bluestars are going down" thread on finals night was a bit much. There's a lot of heavy commentary and opinions here in DCP land; but there are some threads that are just unnecessary.

• Like 1

The whole "Bluestars are going down" thread on finals night was a bit much. There's a lot of heavy commentary and opinions here in DCP land; but there are some threads that are just unnecessary.

Oh please- that was one person. One probably drunk and definitely stupid person. I'm sure if I looked I could find an instance of a BS honk hating on a Crossmen. We can't generalize because of that, that Blue Stars hate Crossmen. That's just silly. The members themselves don't have any animosity towards each other. That's for sure. Don't give trolls the satisfaction.

• Like 2

"Accurate" predictions, 2016. A guide:

1) The corps you like most

2) The other cool corps

3) The one that makes sense kind of

4) The corps that audiences really liked but weren't up top this year

5) The surprise corps

6) The one of the top 5 from this year you liked the least

7-10) Pretty much the same from this year, to be safe I guess?

11) The corps that you think will surge because you saw a facebook post that your friend liked about a lot of vets returning next year and that's probably good right!

12) I don't know, because this one would be an upset to one this years' top 12 corps and gosh darn it, it is their turn!

--------------------------------------------

13-17) write names of the remaining corps in this range and throw darts because you don't know much about them other than you saying "oh that was cool" a few times in their shows

19-22) last four names, more darts because you had to look up who the last four are if you even cared to predict this far

Now simply hit post, log off and find a more meaningful hobby until next May!

• Like 4

I'm gonna go way out on a limb here and predict that the Blue Devils from Concord, California will win a DCI Title for themselves in 2016.

I'll also predict that Brandon Whatshisname, Blue Devils snare drummer, should he stay with BD until he ages out, will garner more DCI rings than fingers on his left hand.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

"Accurate" predictions, 2016. A guide:

1) The corps you like most

2) The other cool corps

3) The one that makes sense kind of

4) The corps that audiences really liked but weren't up top this year

5) The surprise corps

6) The one of the top 5 from this year you liked the least

7-10) Pretty much the same from this year, to be safe I guess?

11) The corps that you think will surge because you saw a facebook post that your friend liked about a lot of vets returning next year and that's probably good right!

12) I don't know, because this one would be an upset to one this years' top 12 corps and gosh darn it, it is their turn!

--------------------------------------------

13-17) write names of the remaining corps in this range and throw darts because you don't know much about them other than you saying "oh that was cool" a few times in their shows

19-22) last four names, more darts because you had to look up who the last four are if you even cared to predict this far

Now simply hit post, log off and find a more meaningful hobby until next May!

Here we go.

1. Carolina Crown

2. Bluecoats

3. Blue Devils

4. Santa Clara Vanguard

5. Madison Scouts

6. Cadets

7. Blue Knights

8. Phantom Regiment

9. Cavaliers

10. Boston Crusaders

11. Spirit of Atlanta

12. Colts

----------------

13. Blue Stars

14. Crossmen

15. Troopers

16. Academy

17. Oregon Crusaders

18. Mandarins

19. Pacific Crest

20. Cascades

21. Jersey Surf

22. Pioneer

It could happen, just not very likely at all.

• Like 1

The whole "Bluestars are going "thread on finals night was a bit much. There's a lot of heavy commentary and opinions here in DCP land; but there are some threads that are just unnecessary.

I didn't see that previously, but it didn't strike me as "hate" some much as competitive "trash talk". If you heard it at a football game, you wouldn't blink an eye.

Trash talk isn't necessarily about "hate". Just a little over-the-top enthusiasm that would have targeted whoever was in the 11th slot. Nothing personal on the Blue Stars.

From what I've been observing; it looks like the hatred for the Blue Stars, from the Crossmen, is alive and well. I remember the stories of those two corps having a severe dislike for each other back in the late '70s. I hope the current marching members don't behave like that.

Here's hoping for a great 2016 from both organizations.

Who told you that? I remember no conflict between the two corps in the late 70s.