2016 Prediction Thread

He made a typo - big deal. Give him a break. Obviously Boston slots into one of the two Blue Stars predictions.

Sarcasm is a wonderful thing sir. Chill

• Like 2

That's impressive...oh wait no it isn't. It's irresponsible. Are we supposed to say wow that must be a great drill. Are we to see if anyone gets hurt? That's a NASCAR mentality....to wait for the crash. I am assuming when you say "lost 4 brass players" you mean they got hurt/injured. If you design a show where someone gets hurt, you are not a responsible designer. To me, that's and ego thing and doing something for the sake of doing it. Maybe I got this wrong but I don't think I did.

Hmmm. It's not meant to be impressive. It was a statement that demands on kids can manifest pre existing injuries, new ones etc. Sometimes it's a slippery field, or inadequate warm up, temporary lapse in focus etc. Not sure why I'm reading about NASCAR.

Hmmm. It's not meant to be impressive. It was a statement that demands on kids can manifest pre existing injuries, new ones etc. Sometimes it's a slippery field, or inadequate warm up, temporary lapse in focus etc. Not sure why I'm reading about NASCAR.

or parent or sibling at home has gotten quite sick, or idealistic sponsor never followed through with sending promised tour fee check, or final school grades arrived and they weren't quite what was expected as one fantasized about the summer on tour rather than on the test at hand.

Don't even start with the bff problems. Ask Phantom and the infamous "Free D..." tee shirts the brassline wore for most of the summer about 5 years back. The reasons can be many and may have nothing to do with the corps' drill or music demands. In 1983 or was it 84, no less than 8 Cadet MMs lost parents, siblings, or grandparents who lived at home with the MM; one lost two. Cavies have had similar seasons. Never presume in any one case, no matter what is stated.

Edited by xandandl

or parent or sibling at home has gotten quite sick, or idealistic sponsor never followed through with sending promised tour fee check, or final school grades arrived and they weren't quite what was expected as one fantasized about the summer on tour rather than on the test at hand.

Don't even start with the bff problems. Ask Phantom and the infamous "Free Dean" tee shirts the brassline wore for most of the summer about 5 years back. The reasons can be many and may have nothing to do with the corps' drill or music demands. In 1983 or was it 84, no less than 8 Cadet MMs lost parents, siblings, or grandparents at lived at home with the MM; one lost two. Cavies have had similar seasons. Never presume.

The FB ad said injuries so i assumed they needed to be replaced because of injuries.....but yes those items you mentioned certainly happen.

You said "when they haul, it's faster than ever". That wasn't meant to impress? This statement was followed by telling us they lost 4 brass too, which was attributed to going faster than ever! You weren't reading about NASCAR either. Maybe you just didn't get the reference. No mention was made about pre-existing injuries

You said "when they haul, it's faster than ever". That wasn't meant to impress? This statement was followed by telling us they lost 4 brass too, which was attributed to going faster than ever! You weren't reading about NASCAR either. Maybe you just didn't get the reference. No mention was made about pre-existing injuries[/quote

Hmmm. Cadets FB searching for brass players to fill spots vacated by injuries. GH put out a vid of very fast rotating drill and said we still run n gun. Just kind of passing it along. Injuries could have been from them standing and playing too I guess...😳

He made a joke - big deal. Give him a break.

Fighting over preseason predictions and prediction comments made is as funny as watching 2 guys joust with one another at a Spring Training Baseball Game over who has the better team in preseason.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 2

That's impressive...oh wait no it isn't. It's irresponsible. Are we supposed to say wow that must be a great drill. Are we to see if anyone gets hurt? That's a NASCAR mentality....to wait for the crash. I am assuming when you say "lost 4 brass players" you mean they got hurt/injured. If you design a show where someone gets hurt, you are not a responsible designer. To me, that's and ego thing and doing something for the sake of doing it. Maybe I got this wrong but I don't think I did.

1) Cadets aren't the only corps to do fast drill, but this isn't the first time we've seen they need spots filled pre-tour. I don't remember reading about BD, Coats, or Crown in need of this many spots multiple years.

2) As a former NASCAR employee, I can tell you that all crashes are not from "going fast". Look up Juan Pablo Montoya from the 2012 Daytona 500. Also, NASCAR fans typically appreciate good racing, not crashes (end of Daytona 2015).

1) Cadets aren't the only corps to do fast drill, but this isn't the first time we've seen they need spots filled pre-tour. I don't remember reading about BD, Coats, or Crown in need of this many spots multiple years. ).

Any inside Cadet information I have is anecdotal, but a young man I know who is more motivated than most people has claimed kids arrive in May thinking that the summer will be like the winter camps and are shocked at the rigor of what's expected and they quit. He would also be the type of guy who would feel the corps would be better off without someone who quits preseason and he may be correct. Does this happen more with Cadets than other corps? Maybe, but remember Cadets do more posting than most corps so we may know more about their vacancies.