Clifton 7/5

Bloo,crown and BAC this year imo.

Let's just keep it real. The crowd favorite is who ever has the best shot at beating BD that year. 2008 was PR and they did beat BD. 2009 DCP nation jumped ship from Rockford to Ft Mill cause Crown now had the best shot. 2010 we all loved the Cavies cause they had the best shot. 2011 was the Cadets. 12-13 was Crown. In 14 we jumped ship to Canton. Who ever has the best shot of beating BD that's who we love that year.

• Like 2

Let's just keep it real. The crowd favorite is who ever has the best shot at beating BD that year. 2008 was PR and they did beat BD. 2009 DCP nation jumped ship from Rockford to Ft Mill cause Crown now had the best shot. 2010 we all loved the Cavies cause they had the best shot. 2011 was the Cadets. 12-13 was Crown. In 14 we jumped ship to Canton. Who ever has the best shot of beating BD that's who we love that year.

Let's also keep it real in that no one had a shot at beating BD last year. That corps was the textbook definition of untouchable.

• Like 6

The guy sitting in front of me told the guy sitting next to him "It's supposed to be that way, it will read normally from the judges box up high at finals". uh.

Sometimes I abandon hope that there are people with common sense
  • Like 1

I really don't think that's it, but you keep thinking that I guess.

I really don't think that's it, but you keep thinking that I guess.

It plays a role, rooting against whomever is normally sitting on top. I don't know how much of a role it plays, but it does play a role. I remember the Anyone But Garfield buttons that people wore in the mid 80's after they kept winning. Whatever the case, people have their own reasons for these things.

Yes and No.

While its true, that fans do tend to pull for Corps to upset the applecart at the very top ( when its BD that usually has the biggest applecart, and the best apples in the village most years ), sometimes fans favorite shows can be Corps that are completely out of the running for a championship. '95 Madison Scouts, Carolina Crown 07, 2011 come immediately to mind, and we could probably list a dozen or more other examples too over the years of Corps of shows that did not medal, but were HUGE hits as a favorite with fans from coast to coast nonetheless.

Edited by BRASSO

Let's also keep it real in that no one had a shot at beating BD last year. That corps was the textbook definition of untouchable.

Can't argue that.

Yes and No.

While its true, that fans do tend to pull for Corps to upset the applecart ( when its BD that usally has the biggest applecart, and the best apples in the village most years ), sometimes fans favorite shows can be Corps that are completely out of the running for a championship. '95 Madison Scouts come to mind, Carolina Crown 07, 2011 come immediately to mind, and we could probably list a dozen or more other examples too over the years.

Very true. I was at Finals in Pasadena in 07. Crown just blew me away. So did Bluecoats that year. Hell the top 7 that year was Boss.

In case anyone is interested:

Took my 6 year old nephew with me to the show last night and it was great.

Disclaimer, I didn't catch any of the corps below Boston because my nephew was hungry and we had to stop for food before we got to the stadium.

BAC: The show is pretty good. Some of the marching was off though. Still. They have a powerful hornline and the show grabs you by the throat. My nephew says they blew out his eardrums. I love what's going on in the battery with those serdo drums (sp.). That show is great. I see why they scored the way they did. I'll also say, it's not good to sit in the bottom level of a stadium with all those tarp things. You can barely see anything. I'm surprised with as much grief got about their towers, that Boston isn't getting grief about theirs.

Crown: What I say about Crown? They're incredible. My nephew and I were walking to the stadium and we walked past their drumline and he begged me to stop. So we watched them for about a minute. A hell of a difference from previous years. They really sound good. The show is incredible. I feel sorry for the brass judges because these hornlines are so great at this point, it's hard to figure out who's "better", at least for my ears. It looked like that huge tarp was backwards though. I see why their guard has been hyped up. They really are fantastic.

BD: They have a fantastic show and they are loud! But obviously everyone knows that. Their marching technique is just fantastic. Everyone looks great doing it and it was hard for me to find any stick-outs. Drill sets look crisp and clean and the music is not as abstract (to me) as some of their other shows. I couldn't help but be drawn to the trumpets with all the dexterity and clean/crisp tonguing they have going on. I see why they took first place last night. They have a lot going on and they do it well.

Cadets: Can't believe how great they are this year. The hornline is incredible. The demand of this show is definitely living up to the hype. They have a lot of notes and a lot of drill and they're performing it. Some minor dirt still exists but I know they're cleaning it up. I found myself on the edge of my seat throughout their entire show (mostly because I was worried someone would fall), but they did well. This french horn feature sounds so much better in person. I can't wait until the change the ending though (which apparently is going to be changed this week), because with all that velocity they have going on prior to the last set, that end doesn't fit. I can't wait to see them again.

Hope you all enjoy lol...

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 8