DCI Minnesota - 7/11

BD just keeps giving you unique, entertaining moment after moment, while Cadets can get a little repetitious.

Excellence repeated is a good thing so I don't see the problem. Edited by mboogey73
  • Like 1

DCI loves some Phantom Regiment music during these breaks...

I will continue to say it until I'm blue in the face...into the light (2010) is an incredible show. That finals performance is spellbinding, and I choke up every...single...time.

• Like 4

1) Cadets

2) BD

3) SCV

4) Crown

5) Cavies

6) Scouts

I think Crown had an off night, and Cadets had a great night. My favorite show of the night though? Scouts! I'm off to Denver to catch me some Academy, BK, and Bloo!!!

• Like 2

Going with

BD

Cadets

SCV

Crown

Cavies

Madison

Phantom

Boston

Blue Stars

Crossmen

Surf

This Madison dad (and Crusaders member teacher) would love that outcome.

And SCV keeps most the show in the middle of the field, which makes it much easier to keep the ensemble tight. BD and the others are spread wide with much more difficulty holding things together.

Every show has things we can nitpick.

And? Don't take it as a personal attack, it's just an observation. The top 5 is going to be comedically close this year, and I agree that SCV's tight forms could, like BD's propensity to stand still during the hardest parts of their brass book, be a differentiating factor in the content boxes.

Again, it's an observation on a discussion board and a response to someone else's opinion about visual scores, not an accusation or indictment. Who knows, they may add a ton of characterization and velocity by the end (and I expect they will).

Crown

BD

Cadets

SCV

or any order of those 4

I'm going with

Cadets

BD

Crown

SCV

Cavaliers....

But the top two could flip based on dirty drill and guard for cadets