DCI Minnesota - 7/11

I still don't understand the title "City of Light".

If a show were titled "The Big Apple", would you not understand it was about New York?

• Like 3

Very early in the season I felt that he didn't stand out enough there, but I thought the solution was to remove the clutter amidst he was standing, not to move him.

Maybe they need to add a trap door so he can descend below the.... oh, never mind.

Edited by ashevillemurphy

Tonight it will be -

1 BD

2 Crown

3 Cadets

4 SCV

All within 1.3 of each other.

I can't get into the Blue Stars' show. And that conjoined guard bit is off-putting.

What about it puts you off? I didn't see their show tonight, but I believe that element appears while they're playing a song from Side Show, which is a Broadway musical about conjoined twins.

• Like 1

I think most interesting matchup, score wise, will be Crown and SCV.

Your syntax is addled, but I think I got it. In 2011, you say they didn't win any captions? They won GE (HUGE) all three nights and Visual Performance (Huge) all three nights. And Music Ensemble (Analysis) all three nights.

GE is not really a performance caption, but rather an artistic interpretation caption. Still, they did not win, brass, percussion, guard or overall visual and I believe they were the first corps ever to do that and win.

What I am trying to say is that they are championship level in all captions, but not the best in a single caption. I think they can win.