San Antonio Lineup

Could someone explain the title "78th and Madison". I used to live on the upper east side of Manhattan and walked down Madison Avenue a lot. Don't remember the corner of 78th street being particularly memorable.

The corps is 78 years old this year, plus the title evokes the Gene Kelly MGM movies the show is based on (hence the lion roar at the very beginning).

Could someone explain the title "78th and Madison". I used to live on the upper east side of Manhattan and walked down Madison Avenue a lot. Don't remember the corner of 78th street being particularly memorable.

2015 is their 78th year of existence I think

Excuse me while I wash off all the chocolate from that trombone solo….

• Like 2

Great intro by Scouts!! Some mighty fine drill in this show, much better than last year's visual show. Music is starting to take shape and we're hearing those wonderful melodies better. Baritones had some phasing and articulation/syncing problems in the opener, but for the most part this show is really starting to gel. These guys could potentially move up in a week or so if they keep cleaning. Major demand in that horn book and the percussion is layin' down some fine grooves.

NICE trombone solo! I never had chops like that -- sigh!