Cadets: starting to believe it can happen?

GIVE ME THE TIME AND PLACE AND I'M THERE!!!!!

You still owe me from 2010! :tounge2: I do admit that Cadets have an Angels and Demons kind of buzz goin' on right now.....

Edited by Plan9
  • Like 1

I'll feel better once BD adds their ending and we see how Cadets stack up against it. I know their has to be more changes for everyone.

BD already has changes in the closer. They debuted them last night. Much more movement in the closing sets and an extended final chord. We'll see if they do more.

• Like 1

Well I know the Cadets. They don't assume anything. They will be worked ( and many say over worked), until the very end.

It's the Cadets year. Won't be close by the end of the season. They still have the most work to polish and are on top now.

And what is not close (score wise) in your opinion? 1pt, 2pt etc........??

Still not a believer, nope! :cool:

Edited by chris ncsu

It's the Cadets year. Won't be close by the end of the season. They still have the most work to polish and are on top now.

I'm starting to worry they might peak a week early and BD might sneak up on them. I'm pulling for Cadets though (unless Crown pulls off an upset).

I haven't enjoyed an SCV show this much since 1998/1999, so I'm right there with you.

Ah come on Tekk, SCV 2000 was bad@$$! That was probably the last year that their visual and horn moves would put the fear of.......well, you know what I'm getting at :tounge2:

• Like 1

(All alphabetical) BD and Cadets are top 2 so far this season...... Blu, Crown, Vanguard are 3-4-5. We have a rare opportunity to enjoy a top-5 finals where each will take some captions and, in doing so, keep the other four's final scores below 99.65. It figures to be a most enjoyable show. It will take a perfect performance from the winning corps (even though the score will not be near perfect)...... ENJOY !!!

I don't think Cadets ever think they can't win. Outstanding staff, kids always perform with great effort and intensity. As for the notion that they could pull away, I don't think that will happen. Even with an incomplete show (yes, incomplete...), BD was back on top at San Antonio in the visual captions. Even if they don't improve their position in brass and percussion, the visual and music captions will somewhat wash each other out. Deciding factor will probably be GE, and I don't think Cadets have much of an advantage in visual GE, but might have the edge in music GE. Cadets guard numbers, which have been a bit of surprise because they're usually right there, might also present a challenge.

Aggregate repertoire numbers from the slate in San Antonio were almost identical (Cadets +2). Performance numbers were +8 in Cadets' favor. Hey, not saying they might not win, but the prospects of a walkover are pretty slim. If anything, the gap might tighten, which is a natural phenomenon as the top groups start bumping up against the ceiling of the system. I certainly wouldn't count out Crown or Bluecoats just yet either...but it's starting to look like Vanguard is falling too far off the pace to catch up. I think that both Blue Devils and Cadets will take care of their business, but it's going to be a combination of the judging panel (always a wild card) and possible 'monkey wrenches' like Crown's hornline or Vanguard's drumline that could stir the scoring pot enough to make a difference. Still three weeks to go - a lot can happen.

Edited by BDCorno