DCI SOUTHEASTERN CHAMPIONSHIP OFFICIAL THREAD

SPOILER ALERT

Just spoilerssssss

Ok, bout to start a riot- anyone think it's time for Brandt Crocker to step aside... When I marched I revered him, but now I just feel like Potter's voice is better suited for this era of drum corps.... Flame on

I'm with you on that one. I agree 100%.

No, i started coming here in 2011 or so. But i also said "is" not "was" as in, present tense, not past.

Sure. But DCP is full of people who come back year after year. And maybe one reason Cadets folks sometimes get defensive nowadays is from the residual annoyance of DCP being pretty aggravating in the recent past -- every time someone says the Cadets are "cheesy" I shudder and have a flashback to the '00s, when the Cadets took some unpopular creative risks, and DCP just wasn't fun.

• Like 1

Guyz.... I got a peak at the recap. A lot of you are going to be super pumped about who won, but then a lot will be disappointed, because another corps got a lower score than they should've. Some of you will blame the judges and some fight will ensue.

:D

After seeing this:

Crown

Cadets

Bloo

BD

SCV

Because if you're gonna predict, why go boring?

I didn't think the vocal audio could get worse. It just did. Seriously? Running audio from the stadium speakers? Tom Blair please note, if you are not directing tonight, this is how to NOT do a production of finals.

Will DCI post the scores before the people at the stadium find out again?

no dude - it really isn't, and never has been. And I would know.

Historically it was a Cavaliers/Madison/Regiment core with some SCV & Cadets folks sprinkled in. As Crown rose in the ranks they rose in the ranks here.

BD folks started participating here much more after their own forums closed down

Cadets fans have been on the defensive since the early days and mostly packed up and left - there's about ten active (regular) Cadet folks here now and in a year like this a few more on the band wagon

I know people associate me with Crown but even since before I marched with them, Cadets have always been one of my favorite corps. I've always had a huge amount of respect for them and especially when I marched against them. While I don't love them every year, I give them huge kudos for trying the stuff that other corps wouldn't ever think of trying. As an example, what top corps would try a show about christmas? I was so skeptical on that one and ended up loving that show. You can't be in this activity and not have respect for the Cadets or BD for that matter.

Saying that, I hope Crown wins another title this year :)

• Like 5

I know who wins....... The NBA title- GO SPURS GO

• Like 1