Final Finals Predictions!

10 to 1 we have a tie at 2nd or 3rd place. So I truly believe all 4 will technically medal. :)

If you have a tie for second, there would be no 3rd place. The only way to have four medalists is if there's a tie for third (or, well, a tie for first and a tie for third too).

Will the winning corps break 98 at finals?

Will the winning corps break 98 at finals?

Hopefully not. I don't want a judge to feel obligated to score an earlier corps lower just to save room at the top. The more room there is, the more I think the judges will be willing to score how they see it.

• Like 1

Y'know I was waiting for the show to start tonight when I saw quite a few posts on FB by some really jerky crown fans that just could not stand that DCI did a story on BD winning the previous night?!?!?! Your kids have not even entered Allentown by this time I a sure.

OK I get it. You love your marching members. YOU have won ONCE! 1 time, Uno, Singular. Yet they act like they own the activity all of a sudden.

I remember in the early 70's when BD members wore Boston Crusaders shirts under their uniforms and could not wait to even rub shoulders with the mighty Vanguard or the Commadores or the Knight Raiders.

It took 5 or 6 championships to start getting confident about consistently winning.

This is why we don't like you. M'kay?

"Royal We"? Or are you speaking for all of us?

• Like 1

As noted in June, this is how the corps would rank based on the average (in parentheses) of all DCP 2015 predictions made in the long predictions thread between Aug. 9 of last year and the start of this season's first competition on June 17:

1. Blue Devils (1.8)

2. Cadets (2.5)

3. Carolina Crown (3.4)

4. Bluecoats (3.7)

5. Santa Clara Vanguard (4.5)

6. Cavaliers (5.2)

7. Phantom Regiment (7.8)

8. Blue Knights (8.1)

9. Boston Crusaders (9.2)

10. Blue Stars (9.7)

11. Madison Scouts (10.0)

12. Crossmen (11.6)

I ran those numbers in part because every year there seemed to be complaints about "all the people who are predicting [my corps] not to make Finals". As this indicates, every corps that had made Finals in 2014 was predicted, on average, to make Finals in 2015. And right now, it looks like that will happen.

every corps that had made Finals in 2014 was predicted, on average, to make Finals in 2015. And right now, it looks like that will happen.

Yes. There are always a few posters that for whatever reason predict a wide variance with a particular Corps finish, but on the whole most DCP posters are sensible with these things... knowing that wide movements up or down from one year to the next generally does not occur with 95% of the Corps.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Don't like Crown or #inferno, that's fine. If you are going to make Anti-Crown rants, at least make the rant intelligent, based on some types of fact or pretend to know what you are talking about. Silly, trite comments stating that the show is easy, is just park and blow, etc.., make you look silly. If it was easy, you would be out there doing it. Right?

• Like 6

Don't like Crown or #inferno, that's fine. If you are going to make Anti-Crown rants, at least make the rant intelligent, based on some types of fact or pretend to know what you are talking about. Silly, trite comments stating that the show is easy, is just park and blow, etc.., make you look silly. If it was easy, you would be out there doing it. Right?

A-freaking-men.

GE is BD's weakness this year.

I can agree to that to a certain point. But history has shown you can still win without winning GE. BD just needs to be close in GE and the other captions can put them over. 1997 Cadets dominated BD in GE by a half point i believe. BD still ended up winning that year by nearly a point. This is also a year where BD could lose brass drums and guard. But 2001 Cavies showed us that you can still win losing those captions. BD just needs to remain consistent in all captions. So far they have done that better than anyone else this year. Thats why they are going on last at prelims although they didn't win a regional this year. Consistency is the key and always has been.

Good points. The winner will not be determined by the number of captions they win, it's going to be about who can place no worse than 2nd in the most subcaptions and who can minimize the 4s and 5s. That's been BD all season. Finishing a couple of tenths behind in GE is absorbable. Being consistently down .5 or more from the leader in nearly every show, (Crown drums, Cadets guard), is much more problematic, although not out of reach. BD has the strongest weakest link, so to speak. That gives them a slight edge.

• Like 2

But they can say it about BD and it's fine?

• Like 4