Official DCI Semifinals Thread 2015

More proof that the current judging system is garbage.

(Or that it's a close competition)

• Like 2

so just as an illustration of how 1 judge can swing things

Prelims visual analysis judge had Cadets behind BD (who was in 2nd) by 0.2

tonight's visual analysis judge (the lovely ex-27th member Debbie Torchia) had the Cadets behind BD (who were now in 1st) in visual analysis by 1.7pts

that's a swing of 1.5 points OVERNIGHT / and made a 0.75 difference in the final scores

this aligns closely with her history as a judge

as does George O's scoring

Guard

Thursday night Crown took guard over BD by 0.2 pts

Friday night with George O scoring, BD was over Crown by 0.1pts - again, closely following his judging history

So not as big a swing there - but still a 0.3 difference, amounting to .15 in final score

As always, it is quite interesting.

DT's numbers are always interesting, you've got that right.

The Corps today from top to bottom, collectively, were terrific. So much talent on display.. so much variety of styles, approaches, etc

I enjoyed so much of this today. The audio was good, the video improved, the camera angles improved as well. Only a couple of hiccup freezes that were only very momentary.

• Like 1

so just as an illustration of how 1 judge can swing things

Prelims visual analysis judge had Cadets behind BD (who was in 2nd) by 0.2

tonight's visual analysis judge (the lovely ex-27th member Debbie Torchia) had the Cadets behind BD (who were now in 1st) in visual analysis by 1.7pts

that's a swing of 1.5 points OVERNIGHT / and made a 0.75 difference in the final scores

After Cadets dirty visual performance and ridiculous visual analysis score last night, I'd call that a much-needed score correction. I think Torchia absolutely got it right.

• Like 1

The Corps today from top to bottom, collectively, were terrific. So much talent on display.. so much variety of styles, approaches, etc

I enjoyed so much of this today. The audio was good, the video improved, the camera angles improved as well. Only a couple of hiccup freezes that were only very momentary.

agreed

the corps were outstanding, and the quality of the feed (for me) was very good

I really enjoy the variety of the shows this season - even the top 6 corps are ALL very different, heck the whole top 12

As for captions:

GE: Crown mostly has this locked up.

Vis: Blue Devils have this locked up.

Guard: Crown has a 0.1 point lead on BD.

Music: Cadets has it locked up.

Brass: Tie with Cadets and Crown. The higher score wins it in finals.

Percussion: Tie with Cadets and SCV with BD 0.05 behind. Basically winner at finals gets it.

Can't wait to see what happens!

That will be cool to see what happens...I agree...but history will remember only the winner of Saturday's show...not who took caption awards.

After Cadets dirty visual performance and ridiculous visual analysis score last night, I'd call that a much-needed score correction. I think Torchia absolutely got it right.

well she makes a career of it.