Official DCI Semifinals Thread 2015

High Guard: Crown leads 19.25 to BD's 19.2. (BD must win guard by 0.1 tomorrow night to tie).

So much to love about Crown's show all the way through, but I think I'm loving the Copland the most. The sonority in the brass at the first hits is really something else; the high speed fugal section, clarity in the visual --

When Mr. Hopkins was asking fans for suggestions for music for a show a couple of years ago, I suggested that exact piece. He wrote me back and said "thanks" for the suggestion. I thought it was perfect for Cadets.

Now I think it's perfect for Crown. :cool:

Copeland's Symphony for Organ and Orchestra

https://youtu.be/StjRTrR9A0g

Edited by wvu80
  • Like 1

The fact that the Cadets could well win both Sanford and Ott from 4th place is pretty amazing. Plainly they are a very talented corps.

Yup. At this level it comes down to design when the kids are all executing like crazy.

It is rare for the Friday night winner to not come out on top on Saturday...very rare...just look at the 30 years or more.

The fact that the Cadets could well win both Sanford and Ott from 4th place is pretty amazing. Plainly they are a very talented corps.

I'm thinking they'll finish in 3rd

That's crazy. Even in a wild season, no one would have guessed that.