Carolina Crown 2016

We should go back and edit out the closer of Spartacus because it's too violent. Also Scouts '13 is a travesty because of its use of guns. The whole show should be deleted

• Like 2

We should go back and edit out the closer of Spartacus because it's too violent. Also Scouts '13 is a travesty because of its use of guns. The whole show should be deleted

Both of your examples are really stupid. Spartacus didn't involve any guns, used a spear. Not sure if there have been any mass killings with a spear, but I'll get back to you on that. Scouts' show used colorguard rifles as guns and was used in a militaristic context.

Again, I don't necessarily think this is a big issue, but Crown could definitely approach this more tactfully than they currently are (Channel3's suggestion is really, really good), just to appease those who are more sensitive about recent events.

• Like 2

If there's one show that's making me mad than APDs are no longer a thing during the season, it's this one. I'd kill to have a high quality recording of this show.

• Like 1

Both of your examples are really stupid. Spartacus didn't involve any guns, used a spear. Not sure if there have been any mass killings with a spear, but I'll get back to you on that. Scouts' show used colorguard rifles as guns and was used in a militaristic context.

Again, I don't necessarily think this is a big issue, but Crown could definitely approach this more tactfully than they currently are (Channel3's suggestion is really, really good), just to appease those who are more sensitive about recent events.

Death be spear is much less violent. Madison should scrap JCSS too. We all know what happens on that one.

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

Until Channel3 there, nobody actually *had* complained about the story. Funny, that seems to keep happening with him.

Mike

It is a little sad or frightening that the intentionally ridiculous statements of a creatively intelligent troll, made for the purposes of entertainment, seem to be agreed with with increasing frequency.

• Like 3

It is a little sad or frightening that the intentionally ridiculous statements of a creatively intelligent troll, made for the purposes of entertainment, seem to be agreed with with increasing frequency.

Like I said, I don't really think it's an issue, it certainly doesn't bother me. But I know people are very sensitive nowadays (spending 10 minutes on Facebook shows that) and he offered an equally good alternative that avoids any potential angst. I acknowledged that he had a good idea.

I expect better from people than to automatically discount someone's opinion because of their username.

As a person who was effected by the recent events that happened with a friend injured and several friends who were their. Personally the show and theming doesn't bother me as I know the storyline is about vengeance set in a western style theme and not pertaining to the events that have happened. I do see how some people maybe more sensitive to it but I think The Crown staff is fully aware of the boundaries of going overboard. Many of the corps members were effected personal specially within the colorguard as many do come from Orlando so I am sure they are all aware of the sensitivity and do have that thought in the back of there minds.

• Like 2