Carolina Crown 2016

Tuco: [trying to read a note] "See you soon, id..." "idi..."

Blondie: [taking the note] "Idiots."

[He hands the note back to Tuco]

Blondie: It's for you.

• Like 3

I can't support a show that condones violence.

Don't worry, I'm sure DCI will have a "safe space" at shows for anyone who is "triggered" by Crown's performance. Or maybe they'll just have a sign that says "It's make-believe, get over it"

• Like 7

All I have to say is if Crown changes it to anything remotely close to ch3's suggestion I will lose all respect for the corps designers. A band in Kentucky had a "hail Hitler" during a "swastica" set, everybody threw a fight. They stuck with it and ended up winning their class at state.

Stick with your guns!

Speaking of the guard...

JMuv0Nb.jpg

Hope she's ok...

btw there are some more great shots in this album.

I've seen LOTS of drum corps photos in my day, but this is one of the most amazing I've ever seen

Few have shown the pure art of drum corps better than this one, IMO.

• Like 3

oh wow ... some of the guard members are wearing bullet belts around their waists/arms/bodies....

I'm not a big PC kind of guy, but I'd take it easy on that. These days, just seems questionable in taste ... and they can certainly tell their story without a lot of ammunition strapped to their bodies... Kind of looks like a bizarre Call of Duty scene ..

I know it is just unfortunate timing, and they planned all this stuff well before recent events, but as Pulse is very close to my home in my neighborhood in Orlando, I attended numerous vigils all last week, and a friend of one of my friends was killed, I must admit that I found the bullets on the arms and the bullet holes in the drum slips to be a bit off-putting. That's just my reaction to it, and I don't say that everyone would see it the same, nor that they should alter the show. However, since this event did just occur, and it provoked such a reaction from seemingly most of the world, it might not be a bad idea to just tone down a few of those minor details a bit. They don't add much to the show anyway, and are just window dressing to the overall theme.

• Like 2

I know it is just unfortunate timing, and they planned all this stuff well before recent events, but as Pulse is very close to my home in my neighborhood in Orlando, I attended numerous vigils all last week, and a friend of one of my friends was killed, I must admit that I found the bullets on the arms and the bullet holes in the drum slips to be a bit off-putting. That's just my reaction to it, and I don't say that everyone would see it the same, nor that they should alter the show. However, since this event did just occur, and it provoked such a reaction from seemingly most of the world, it might not be a bad idea to just tone down a few of those minor details a bit. They don't add much to the show anyway, and are just window dressing to the overall theme.

Hey Eye, I'm really sorry about your loss :(.

While I think that a Western show would be odd without guns or horses or tumbleweeds, I do agree with you that it wouldn't hurt anything to tone it down just out of sensitivity.

However, how do we know that they didn't already tone it down? Maybe there was more of an emphasis on guns earlier - there really is no way to know and where is the limit? They can't change the show.

Edited by FancySnack
  • Like 1

How about they replace the guns with a bomb vest. Would that be better? Or how about an IED? Okay? Because you find portrayal of "gun violence" so objectionable. Tossing people off buildings - would that be better? The gun was the vehicle the scumbag used to commit the murders in Orlando. It was not the root cause of the murders. Until we are honest enough with ourselves to admit this it will not stop or be stopped. In my twisted world view anyway. I did not start down this path, nor did I want to. But I can no longer be cowed into silence when I read a post like Ch3's.

Edited by HockeyDad
  • Like 4