Phantom Regiment 2016

Just saw the scores for Thursday night. 8th place, and probably 7th by Saturday. I understand the corps is starting to feel better now and that the illness is no longer spreading. Thank goodness for that. This must have been a difficult week for all concerned, not forgetting their families. To have done so very well this evening and lost no ground is a testament to this year's kids.

Bravo, Regiment! Well done.

• Like 4

My apologies if this has already been posted. The Marching Roundtable podcast recently had an episode where they discussed the Top Ten Phantom Regiment shows. A very enjoyable listen. It made me go back and watch/listen to several PR shows from seasons past. Link: http://www.marchingroundtable.com/2016/08/07/538-top-ten-phantom-regiment-shows/

In particular, I was particularly blown away by 2010 Into the Light. That show is poetry and beauty and I don't think I really appreciated it at the time. Starting in the tunnel and ending in the opposite tunnel, the ballads, the drum line! I think it has snuck into my top 5 favorite shows!

Anyway, good luck to PR 2016! Glad everyone is feeling better, and can't wait to watch you at finals.

• Like 2

I was expecting the worst last night given the illness, but they were incredible. I still have plenty of opinions about the design of the show, but the members have done a tremendous job as they always do (and even the design has grown on me quite a bit). I don't know if they'll pass BK, but it wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 2

phantom wins my personal award for most improved overal

loved them tonight at the theater

They get my vote for years toughest corps! Way to power through, Phantom!

• Like 2