MADISON SCOUTS 2016

It's an unofficial requirement.

If you don't go all out and have one ( or a concert french horn), then you don't get as many points as another corps.

It may be unofficial, but it seems compulsory. I, too, don't understand the fascination.
  • Like 1

I hated the introduction of electronics, but I've grown to enjoy how some use it. IE Bluecoats in T/LT. And the way Scouts are using them this year, can't be replicated without. I just sat here playing over and over the whip count section. The voice counting the whips, "JUDAS" with the one last whip right along with the sound effect.....then this deep bass electronic serves as a grace-note of sorts to that face-melting power of the company front. Man O Man......there's just so much in this show to love.

• Like 2

I hated the introduction of electronics, but I've grown to enjoy how some use it. IE Bluecoats in T/LT. And the way Scouts are using them this year, can't be replicated without. I just sat here playing over and over the whip count section. The voice counting the whips, "JUDAS" with the one last whip right along with the sound effect.....then this deep bass electronic serves as a grace-note of sorts to that face-melting power of the company front. Man O Man......there's just so much in this show to love.

wondering if legacy posters like lancerlady will ever come back and realize IE isn't necessarily satanic (judas?)

I likely won't ever get used to electronics or amplified pit. It is what it is. But I will never ever ever get used to amplified soloists! Personally, I would have been offended if someone asked me to play into a microphone. There was zero chance you weren't hearing every single note of my solo with the Colts in '94. In fact, I think I laser-etched my tone into the recordings. Not to mention the fact that it's rarely blended well with the rest of the ensemble. I'd love to see them drop that, but it's doubtful.

I would view mic'd solos less as solos in the traditional sense and more as a means to add to electronics design. That is, think less of BD 93 and more of Bluecoats/SCV 2015.

A few thoughts...

The Scouts look very well prepared & ahead of where they usually are to start the season.

If I didn't know this was Madison, I wouldn't of known this was Madison. I didn't see or hear any typical Madison signature moments.

I know its early, but the frantic helter skelter herky jerky arrangements & transitions missed the mark for me.

The Guitar is terrible & sounds out of place.

Having said that, Go get 'em Boys!

Edited by FlamMan