MADISON SCOUTS 2016

The problem is, the sheets make it compulsory to add demand. Which, to me, is ridiculous. If you can march and play at the same time, you've proven you can do more than one complex thing at a time.

• Like 1

. Other Corps have figured out that you don't need a silly theme that your supposed to try understanding to have the show make sense.

Top five corps' themes 2016:

1) Bluecoats - The Tempest

2) Crown - Spaghetti Western

3) Cadets - Statues awakening

4) SCV - Seasons/Elements

5) Bluecoats - loosely based on interpreting architecture into movement*

* As per show coordinator on early season DCI broadcast

What do you mean? The theme doesn't have to be complex or esoteric? I agree with that.

Edited by Channel3

I've always had an issue with the overuse of body movement. My biggest issue, which includes body movement, is how DCI is no longer THE cutting-edge thing that others follow. DCI has fallen in line with Winterguard and BOA..so now we have ever-changing corps costumes instead of uniforms, elaborate body movements that you HAVE to have to please judges and props props props galore.

When you are forced to have an ever-evolving wardrobe and a Broadway-worthy list of field props, only those corps with the monetary means to do so will be successful.

• Like 1

I think many of the body moves look bad since they lack training and doing these movements in military type attire makes them look even more ridiculous.

Who wears military type attire besides Garfield & Boston? I wish more did.

Who wears military type attire besides Garfield & Boston? I wish more did.

SCV gets sorta close. They have the best uniform in DCI in my opinion

• Like 2

While some of you Madison alums were on here arguing and pontificating about where your precious marching band should be placing, I was getting laid. ;)

Can't type when your one hand is busy, eh?

Yea. SCV does have the best uniform in the activity, & I said so yesterday here. But the SCV uni isn't a military style uniform.

Edited by FlamMan

Top five corps' themes 2016:

1) Bluecoats - The Tempest

2) Crown - Spaghetti Western

3) Cadets - Statues awakening

4) SCV - Seasons/Elements

5) Bluecoats - loosely based on interpreting architecture into movement*

* As per show coordinator on early season DCI broadcast

What do you mean? The theme doesn't have to be complex or esoteric? I agree with that.

Bluecoats must be #### good to be doing 2 shows this year :tongue:

• Like 2

SCV gets sorta close. They have the best uniform in DCI in my opinion

Now that they've returned to something more readily identifiable as SCV. I'm still partial to the Scouts current uniform. It's almost perfect - I can't quite put my finger on it but maybe the sash is a bit too wide? Call me crazy but I loved what they were wearing in 2005.

The problem is, the sheets make it compulsory to add demand. Which, to me, is ridiculous. If you can march and play at the same time, you've proven you can do more than one complex thing at a time.

HUH? Yes, but don't you want demand? Your statement seems to say that corps could march at 132 beats a minute for the whole show and as long as they are in step, their show should carry as much value as anyone that demonstrates more variety, which I think almost always leads to better GE.