MADISON SCOUTS 2016

I think it is pretty simple

imo

DCP is can be abusive, a whole bunch of arm chair quaterbacks that attack at any moment. It has happened here way to many times over the year's.

Nobody needs that.

Rest assured that they are coming.

Peace

• Like 2

I completely agree...but I think this question would be better asked in a non-specific corps thread, since most are "guilty" of not giving much.

Agreed. Madison Scouts are no different than just about all the other DCI Corps in this regard. No singular criticism of Madison Scouts for their policy here was ever intended. If a thread existed that could have put this comment there, it would have been put there by me. My initial reply was a response to the video from the Scouts camp posted on here, and that reply did receive an agreement from a former Scouts Alum on the comment made. That said, 'glad to clarify and agree with you that the Madison Scouts are no less incommunicato with practice videos of live music playing ( even practice chords ) than any other DCI Corps. I wish the Madison Scouts a great early season journey out west, a likewise great competitive season, and a continuation of their commendable upward placement quest from last season.

Edited by BRASSO

Are they using the "Live from Madison, Wisconsin" tag? If so, it sounds like they're weaving some of the Gore Vidal take.

Without giving away specifics - updated charts / structure from 99 or something new?

Mike

I'll give you this-There are charts that we played in 99 that are updated, at the same time, it's not a rehash of what we did. Tons of music we didn't use, and the items that we did use are fresh and exciting.

The musical book is going to be exciting, fresh, but most definitely a Scott Boerma Madison brass book, mixed with great percussion music design.

Take this for what it's worth, but Jimmy Elvord was at January camp that I attended, and seemed to be very impressed by design and execution at that camp.

As for clips I've heard in recent days/weeks, I think you'll be pleased.

• Like 1

I'll give you this-There are charts that we played in 99 that are updated, at the same time, it's not a rehash of what we did. Tons of music we didn't use, and the items that we did use are fresh and exciting.

The musical book is going to be exciting, fresh, but most definitely a Scott Boerma Madison brass book, mixed with great percussion music design.

Take this for what it's worth, but Jimmy Elvord was at January camp that I attended, and seemed to be very impressed by design and execution at that camp.

As for clips I've heard in recent days/weeks, I think you'll be pleased.

YOU had me at Scott Boerma and Madison brass book. THAT's a magical combination that is time tested!

• Like 1