Official 2016 Staff Changes

Evidently the storm clouds and lightening bolts are because things are changing in Cadetland and not all are happy.

Hopkins has supposedly fired Bruno and entire C1 color guard staff replacing them with his girlfriend who ran C2 CG this summer. Though she got her scoring, not all were pleased with her methods of the same. Many disappointed at Bruno's dumping (seems repeat of Cavalier history.) While GH has shared this information by emailing 2015 corps members, "THE Official announcement" to come soon. Maybe PP Francis while in Hopkins' Philadelphia can mediate this as well. Bruno has been a super blessing to Cadet tour staff and mentor to staff members.

rayos-saliendo-de-las-nubes-piroclc3a1st

Edited by xandandl

Hopefully they'll rethink Bruno's firing.. He was doing more of the logistics of keeping the kids fed, hydrated and cared for. Ironically the biggest hindrance to Cadets success is GH leading the design team. If left alone, that team can do wonderful things but his micromanaging and authoritarian rule in Cadetland stifles the creativity. I do believe and agree that the CBCCG design team needs an over haul and KT is pretty good at what she does BUT there are diplomatic means of facilitating change and then there are outright midnight blood purges.

Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

Hopefully they'll rethink Bruno's firing.. He was doing more of the logistics of keeping the kids fed, hydrated and cared for. Ironically the biggest hindrance to Cadets success is GH leading the design team. If left alone, that team can do wonderful things but his micromanaging and authoritarian rule in Cadetland stifles the creativity. I do believe and agree that the CBCCG design team needs an over haul and KT is pretty good at what she does BUT there are diplomatic means of facilitating change and then there are outright midnight blood purges.

Still room for Bruno back at the Cavaliers, just saying.

• Like 1

I am very proud of the work that Seth Pearson has done as our Guard Caption Head for the past seven seasons. There is no more of a dedicated person than he was for our Pioneer Corps! He has done a whole lot more than teach! He has been a great positive role model and mentor to every person he has been with in our Pioneer family.

I am also very proud of the great work that Mike Marcantano has done as our Staff/Program Coordinator this past season. He is a great organizer and his attention to detail was very evident. Mike also helped the guard and was not afraid to go the extra mile for us.

The entire staff and management would like to thank both of these great individuals for their extra hard work and their positive influence on those they worked with.

And to answer someone's speculation, Pioneer will continue to have a coed guard!

OK, I am not finished! 107 of us have acknowledged these two great instructors, but there is one other person who has done much for our Pioneer Family. He is LANSING DIMON! Lanse has spent several years with us in both teaching and management roles. He has been our communication guru and has done a lot helping me to learn and benefit from his technology experience. He has kept our Pioneer Parents, as well as Members and Staff up to date. He was also right on with our Prospects. He is an unsung hero who did more behind the scenes than anyone can realize. I guess it hasn't hit me that he will no longer be with us. But his work as head band director of WSMA and BOA's Waukesha North's Northstar Marching band, a full time plus responsibility and use of his talents, is really showcasing what Lansing can do as I witnessed a week ago at their home show! Lansing, thank you so much for what you did benefiting the many members, staff, and management that you have served these past several years. Sincere Appreciation!
Murray

Edited by brassensemble

Sad to see assistant brass caption head Aaron Witek at the Blue Stars step down earlier this week.

Saw this on his Facebook "It has been a rewarding experience working with Blue Stars organization for the last three years. Early this past week I made the decision to resign my position with the corps. I will truly miss all the fantastic members that I had the privilege to teach, the wonderful volunteers who would do anything to help, and the unbelievable talented staff. Best of luck, Blue Stars."

I have worked with Aaron in the past and he is an outstanding educator. I wonder if he is looking for something else or just taking time off.

Will have this OP updated by the end of the day! Thanks to everyone for posting info on all the staff changes!

Sad to see assistant brass caption head Aaron Witek at the Blue Stars step down earlier this week.

Saw this on his Facebook "It has been a rewarding experience working with Blue Stars organization for the last three years. Early this past week I made the decision to resign my position with the corps. I will truly miss all the fantastic members that I had the privilege to teach, the wonderful volunteers who would do anything to help, and the unbelievable talented staff. Best of luck, Blue Stars."

I have worked with Aaron in the past and he is an outstanding educator. I wonder if he is looking for something else or just taking time off.

My guess is time off. More time around his family and playing with other gigs that he did during the summer. He's a great tech and will be greatly missed. Wish him nothing but the best.

Hmmmm girlfriend and daughter as the main Cadets guard staff? If that is true that is really really nepotistic.

• Like 2