What are your most emotionally captivating shows...

Madison Scouts. 2011 New York Morning

• Like 1

Phantom 2008, Cadets 2011, Crown 2012, Crown 2015

'88 Suncoast Sound

'88 VK (hey, rolling on the floor laughing is an emotion)

'88/'89 SCV

'92 Cadets

'92 Crossmen

'97 Madison

• Like 1

Edit: lol that became way longer than expected

Phantom Regiment 1989

Santa Clara Vanguard 1989

Phantom Regiment 1991

Phantom Regiment 1993

Phantom Regiment 1996

Boston Crusaders 2000

Phantom Regiment 2003

Santa Clara Vanguard 2004

Phantom Regiment 2006

Carolina Crown 2007

Blue Devils 2008

Bluecoats 2008

Phantom Regiment 2010

Phantom Regiment 2011

Phantom Regiment 2012

Bluecoats 2012

Carolina Crown 2012

Cadets 2012

Blue Devils 2014

Cavaliers 2014

Blue Knights 2014

Blue Devils 2015

Blue Knights 2015

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

Is it me or is almost everyone missing this part of the OPs post?

...that grabbed you in the early season?

Sure tons of the shows on here definitely moved me, but a bunch didn't move me until I saw them in their final form. And there are DEFINITELY some that really grabbed me early on in the season (Cadets in 2010, Pacific Crest this year off the top of my head) that lost all emotional connection late on.

From the first viewing, only taking into consideration the seasons I have been around to follow through and through, I definitely had a connection with these shows early on, doesn't mean it lasted...........

Cadets 2010 "Toy Souldier", yes, alas this one early one I LOVED, seemed really joyous and light hearted in the best way.

Bluecoats 2010 "Metropolis", wow. First viewing had my blood pumping with the intensity and rawness early on.

Blue Stars 2010 "Houdini" - MANY emotions. Ballad on first viewing had me hooked.

Troopers 2011 "The Road Home" - A show I got from day one, and still is an all time favorite. Almost ethereal.

Blue Stars 2011 "ReBourne" (One of those weird ones I enjoy more than the sum of its parts). - Exhilaration, I remember how #### excited I was in the first cinecast. Finished out disappointingly, but this is a show I still listen to A LOT.

The Academy 2011 "(RE)-" - Pure adrenaline from first viewing. AWESOME show.

Troopers 2013 "Magnificent 11" - This was a fun one. After 2012, they felt reborn. First time I heard that ballad and closer I was HOOKED.

Bluecoats 2014 "Tilt" I STILL remember my first viewing.........video of which I still think is on my computer somewhere. God. I knew that'd be special, I felt like I was watching drum corps the first time again.

Bluecoats 2015 "Kinetic Noise", seeing this show in the theater without any previous viewings was again, like 2014, seeing drum corps for the first time again.

I'm sure there are others I can't think of off the top of my head, but most other shows, for instance Blue Knights in 2014, I didn't really enjoy until later on in the season. Lots of shows have to grow on me. However all time favorites from the seasons I have followed live have been love at first site.

Phantom Regiment 1996, Defiant Heart.

June 20 something. My friends laughed at me when I claimed PR had a winning show. I believe they took third behind Cavies and Scouts that evening. The simple black uniform with the deconstructed chevron was a brilliant idea. Whether it was intentional or not, the chevron looked like the AIDS awareness ribbon. The guard in their blood red baby doll dresses popped against the stark black uniforms. it was an amazing show to watch develop over the course of the summer. I'm still impressed that they proved you didn't have to march fast to win.