Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

Man DCP is gettin so salty. So THIS is what it's like to be in FIRST

Don't know why people are salty.......ok i know why lol. If my beloved Blue Devils don't win this year, i hope it's the Bluecoats that get their first title. Congrats on the win and good luck the rest of the season.

• Like 5

Now you know what BD fans put up with every year :tounge2:

• Like 7

Yup!

....and if you ever fall, there'll be some more saltiness coming out of the woodwork to gloat...

Edited by jjeffeory

I was at the Atlanta show last night. Coats got the biggest pre-show cheer. More than hometown Spirit, more than regional favorites Crown. They have exploded in popularity the past three years.

As for the show, it was AMAZING! It had everything. Drum line, awesome. GE, awesome. Guard, probably awesome? They certainly have a lot of responsibilities. So much going on the field I wasn't really zeroed in on the flags, lol. Brass line, turnt up to 11!

I had watched various show recordings about 20 times, so I already loved the show going in. Even more amazing live. The music, the effect, the brass soloist are unreal. Bluecoats aren't owed anything. This show will win the gold because nobody's show is better.

The whole night was fun. Lots of great corps and kids. They all get credit, but I wanted to report to the Bluecoats thread that they are on a crash course with destiny.

Edited by lanceengland
  • Like 8

thoughts:

- neat show - stuff going on everywhere

- hasn't grabbed me as much musically as the past 2 years however

- nice soloist

- how many more speakers does a corps need?

- I think we're getting a little too close to the line of not knowing what is real from the horns and what is coming out of the speakers

- soloist specifically in the closer are WAY too loud (at least they were in ATL) - they are awesome don't get me wrong, but the volume almost took away from it some

- kinda wish they had some sort of hat - I understand why they don't though

- not a fan of the spandex-like uniforms for all corps members

- they will probably win this year...they are certainly due (and have been a few years)

personally, I really miss the days when soloists didn't need a mic - half of them don't even play up into the stands anymore or are placed backfield

Edited by dcibrando