Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

For those in Atlanta who want to find their way to the Bluecoats Drumline spot they warmup - https://goo.gl/maps/Ya6GrbhsrR32

No they didn't have a story haha! When I say they were less abstract, I meant that it was easier to pick up the show concept. It was a bit more prominent (in my opinion). Tilt had a gigantic tarp around the field, their sash was tilted, their horns down was tilted, the pitch bend indicated a tilt, etc. Kinetic noise was admittedly not as clear cut as Tilt UNLESS you watched it live. The soundscape of Kinetic Noise was incredible and that made the show theme a lot more prominent. I find down side up to be a bit less literal in that the idea behind this show is based off of a dance group. It isn't some literal concept like "tilting" and "moving sound." I'm not saying there's wrong with that at all though.

Kinetic Noise was my favorite "musical" show last year. I was mesmerized from start to finish with the overall sound of the corps.

• Like 1

(saw this on FB)

Bluecoats Auditions:

vZcT53t.gif

A bazillion likes to corpsband on this one!

likelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelikelike

• Like 1

(saw this on FB)

Bluecoats Auditions:

vZcT53t.gif

Poor guy was probably a contra player who worked his butt off and still got cut. :) Very funny!

Looks like Bluecoats have changed the rewind portion of their show. Instead of four separate blocks, they make up one large group that shrinks and rapidly expands in unison. Definitely a more effective idea.

• Like 1

Looks like Bluecoats have changed the rewind portion of their show. Instead of four separate blocks, they make up one large group that shrinks and rapidly expands in unison. Definitely a more effective idea.

To be honest I liked the old one better since it connected the musical idea of "each section trading off notes" to the visual. It's a cool effect though

Looks like they still aren't changing the ending...

Did you really expect closer changes to happen before Atlanta? Lol

Did you really expect closer changes to happen before Atlanta? Lol

Actually, I predict Allentown for the new closer