Bloooooooooooo! Bluecoats Official 2016 Thread

I feel like I say this every year.

This bluecoats show feels like a championship show (Moreso than tilt, and I LOVE Tilt).

The design, and the uniforms.

They were on another level last night. If the peak, watch out.. But I know we need to wait to see what Blue Devils and SCV is doing.

But I felt as if the bluecoats were better than cadets, and crown even. They are doing stuff that is different, I just hope the judges and the crowd buys in.

EDIT: another thing, this fels like something that The Blue Devils would be doing, and maybe thats a good thing.

Edited by ohwiseone
  • Like 3

What piece are they using in their "ballad" this year?

side note: that screamer is freaking amazing

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

we're all buzzing about it because it's our first time.

but underneath is this just "Tilt 3.0" ?

people have compared this to the Motionhouse production. but that production relied on the digital imagery BEHIND the prop to give the ramp stuff substance. our eyes were constantly fooled and intrigued by the performers appearing to interact with the image.

just throwing some thoughts out there.

that said -- I can't WAIT to see this live :-)

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

What piece are they using in their "ballad" this year?

side note: that screamer is freaking amazing

The great gig in the sky- Pink Floyd

I wonder what the doc you drama producers think right now? I wonder if they wish they had focused on bluecoats. Can you imagine the eyeballs watching that show!

• Like 1

we're all buzzing about it because it's our first time.

but underneath is this just "Tilt 3.0" ?

people have compared this to the Motionhouse production. but that production relied on the digital imagery BEHIND the prop to give the ramp stuff substance. our eyes were constantly fooled and intrigued by the performers appearing to interact with the image.

just throwing some thoughts out there.

that said -- I can't WAIT to see this live :-)

I mean, it's definitely following the same formula, no denying that. But I don't think it's the same show reworked. I was waiting for that comment to come. To me they did a few very important things after last year. They let the electronics take a HUGE back seat relatively to Kinetic Noise, and relied on the music and arranging to create a lot of the effect and the electronics are merely a supplement to that. I think thematically while it is still incredibly vague, it has a lot more depth and density than the last two did, ESPECIALLY visually. There are oogles of stuff going on. I think they notched up the difficulty a few cranks for sure. And they finally just went all in with their incredibly modern approach, 110%. I think it's definitely in the same vein as their last two, but it's fully realized and coming to it's culmination this year.

I think if the formula is working, why mess with it? I feel like Crown has followed a pretty similar formula since 2013 with some adaptations and changes, same with the Blue Devils. This one and their last two already have pretty stark similarities. I guess if it ain't broke, why fix it? I think those three have all found a pretty clear identity, and will stick with it as long as it brings them success. If it gets stale, they'll probably change it up.

• Like 1

Holy cow. The future of drum corps is pretty awesome.

They are now the innovators not BD. Not even close anymore, sorry, Bluecoats although not perfect, are firing on all cylinders.
  • Like 1