Blue Devils 2016

Interesting to see what they do with the piece by Styx, and the piece made famous by the Biebs.

have already heard parts of the drumline Beiber piece (I think) and didn't realize it until I did more research. Some cool rhythmic ideas.

There is one part where they do double stops 3 times each split so it sounds like 3's... you have to see it. I don't know where it fits in it was just a check this out moment and SJ said this will be the last time you see this. I hope that was a joke. Not sure if it's just an experiment or what. the drumline is just plain in your face "thought we were good last year?".... "Just Watch this".

Last year will always be my favorite just because of the emotional factor but this year is going to be soooo INTENSE!

have already heard parts of the drumline Beiber piece (I think) and didn't realize it until I did more research. Some cool rhythmic ideas.

There is one part where they do double stops 3 times each split so it sounds like 3's... you have to see it. I don't know where it fits in it was just a check this out moment and SJ said this will be the last time you see this. I hope that was a joke. Not sure if it's just an experiment or what. the drumline is just plain in your face "thought we were good last year?".... "Just Watch this".

Last year will always be my favorite just because of the emotional factor but this year is going to be soooo INTENSE!

It's hard to imagine that this corps doesn't have a three-peat under their belt, being as consistently successful as they've been. Obviously, anything can and will happen this summer, but they certainly seem to be putting themselves in position to do it.

It will be interesting to see if this will be a year decided on tenths within captions, or if someone runs away with it.

They certainly have the formula and talent but you never know when Cadets, Crown or Bluecoats come out and hit a home run....

They certainly have the formula and talent but you never know when Cadets, Crown or Bluecoats come out and hit a home run....

Yup. The Blue Devils are the bar of excellence, it's just always a question nowadays of if someone else can reach that bar. If they can,you get 2015 (even though they won), 2013, 2011, ect.

The way I see it, every year they are dominant, it pushes the other corps to perform better, design smarter, and just find new ways to improve. That's definitely not a bad thing. Think that's how you had a 4 horse race a lot of last year. Hope it's that competitive again regardless of who wins.

Edited by DrumManTx
  • Like 4

Yup. The Blue Devils are the bar of excellence, it's just always a question nowadays of if someone else can reach that bar. If they can,you get 2015 (even though they won), 2013, 2011, ect.

The way I see it, every year they are dominant, it pushes the other corps to perform better, design smarter, and just find new ways to improve. That's definitely not a bad thing. Think that's how you had a 4 horse race a lot of last year. Hope it's that competitive again regardless of who wins.

Well said!

Last year was a fun year to watch. Even thought I'm a big BD fan, it's nice to see a season not knowing who will win. And yes BD has pushed the other top corps to excel. It's funny to always hear that BD has never finished below 5th since 1975. Well, 5th has only been ONCE. 1991 I think was 5th. So it should say BD has been a top 4 corp all but once since 1975.

• Like 1

Last year was a fun year to watch. Even thought I'm a big BD fan, it's nice to see a season not knowing who will win. And yes BD has pushed the other top corps to excel. It's funny to always hear that BD has never finished below 5th since 1975. Well, 5th has only been ONCE. 1991 I think was 5th. So it should say BD has been a top 4 corp all but once since 1975.

Heck, if we want to be real honest/legit:

since 1994 (when the modern era of Blue Devils' design began), they've been a TOP 3 corps all but once (2005)! Or they've been Top 2 all but 5 times (meaning 15/21 seasons they've won Gold or Silver medal).

It really is insane how consistently great Blue Devils are

• Like 3

In it's international travels, will BD International be bringing the Bieb with them, but only on the outbound??? Trudeau wouldn't even take him with him after the White House visit!