LGBT laws and drum corps?

OK kids. NONE of this is about rape. It's about joe average white dude in a suit's fear and ignorance.

There is no reason this needs to be a law. There is no reason to use women's "safety" to justify your own fears. Knock it off. Or at least get with the times and deal with it. I would have though people in this forum would be more open minded, but really, I guess there is ignorance and fear in all walks of life.

I'm not a fan of liberal gak, but this link below states everything that needs to be said.

http://www.rolereboot.org/culture-and-politics/details/2016-04-stop-using-womens-safety-justify-transphobia/

Open minded to the possiblity of putting your kids in danger...Now that's ignorant. I hardly think as a member of the LGBT community that I'm the only one that's protective of their kids.

Edited by Phantombari1

So, maybe the law should have just prevented pedophiles from using the bathroom. That would have had the same effect.

No managing the small number or people that are transgender is much easier than managing those that clearly are not. We know even with that there will still be incidents. This is definitely not the transgenders fault and very difficult to remedy short of building additional bathrooms for there own use. Where they are comfortable. Even from a gay mans perspective I don't get it. Unfortunately we don't live in a world where everyone should get equal rights.

Men or women that rape kids, or do harm to kids, should lose their rights. JMO

Edited by Phantombari1

Unfortunately we don't live in a world where everyone should get equal rights.

What does that have to do with the NC bill?

No managing the small number or people that are transgender is much easier than managing those that clearly are not. We know even with that there will still be incidents. This is definitely not the transgenders fault and very difficult to remedy short of building additional bathrooms for there own use. Where they are comfortable. Even from a gay mans perspective I don't get it. Unfortunately we don't live in a world where everyone should get equal rights.

You are right we do not live in a world that everyone has equal rights BUT we cant stop striving or fighting for it.

There have been a few restaurants around me that have turned some bathrooms into " Family" bathrooms, whatever that means..lol also a few with signs in one of the local malls that has mens, women but about 6 months ago I also saw an everyone bathroom...whatever that consists of. At least they addressed a choice for many different accommodations.

Maybe we will see more of that as the country becomes more inclusive with today's youth moving into adulthood.

Open minded to the possiblity of putting your kids in danger...Now that's ignorant. I hardly think as a member of the LGBT community that I'm the only one that's protective of their kids.

I respect how you feel and also understand it and totally agree but want to ask. what makes you think your kids aren't in danger just as things are. No doubt at all , all kids have to do is leave the house and there's danger. Just today on the news I saw a man who molested 2 little girls for sometime on a school bus. I think ( unfortunately for kids because they can't be kids ) education and preparation of some sort is better than fear of differences. jmo

As relating to drum corps. I really dont see an issue. how drum corps relates to social issues of all kinds in the future is another thing and i do think drum corps will have to. Things today are much different from decades ago and drum corps already have had to do things we never thought of in the past. i guess maybe it will really become a case by case situation.

Please understand I am not disagreeing and a good parent always has concerns and with good reason.

Edited by GUARDLING

I respect how you feel and also understand it but want to ask. what makes you think your kids aren't in danger just as things are. No doubt at all , all kids have to do is leave the house and there's danger. Just today on the news I saw a man who molested 2 little girls for sometime on a school bus. I think ( unfortunately for kids because they can't be kids ) education and preparation of some sort is better than fear of differences. jmo

Maybe he feels that we do not live in a world where children are always safe BUT we can't stop striving or fighting for it. :D

• Like 1