C2 vs everyone

The Kilties have been under the 18 year old requirement for well over 10 years, with (of course) parental and/or guardian permissions, etc. The corps encourages family members to become involved together---on and off the field.

There is a bit of an irony here that a corps which once was a junior corps, re-surfaced as an all-age corps, and now is being discussed relative to minimum age membership in DCA.

• Like 3

:ninja:

Tread lightly Chris -

There are a couple of other groups that can give the Bucs a "run for their money". Taking nothing from what C2 has done so far - they still need to prove themselves to be worthy of where they stand -

I 'm very sure that my family here and my friends in "Mecca" will have something to say about the outcome in Rochester come Labor Day weekend! :devil:

Pat

C2 need not prove itself to any degree more than any other unit in DCA.

• Like 3

:ninja:

Tread lightly Chris -

There are a couple of other groups that can give the Bucs a "run for their money". Taking nothing from what C2 has done so far - they still need to prove themselves to be worthy of where they stand -

I 'm very sure that my family here and my friends in "Mecca" will have something to say about the outcome in Rochester come Labor Day weekend! :devil:

Pat

I love you ladies n gents who come from the great white north. You're always a favorite of mine. And your performance level, to me, is what keeps you all at the top. But i'm talking strictly show design here. Remove the performers from the equation. They have a formula they've used the last couple of years with their mashup ideas. ( Between you, me, and everyone out there in the virtual marching pitch, I hope they're coming up with something different because three in a row of the same idea are going to get watered down.)

But there's a Jr corps design to Bux that puts their level of difficulty above everyone else's currently. You're not going to like reading that, and I'm not trying to bash you all, because your space show two years ago was wicked. Really wicked. That was a Jr corps design that could do it.

Consistently I've seen (in design terms) Bux, then a gap, then the next two corps, then a larger gap, then the next 3 corps, and then an even larger gap, and then the rest of the pack. (again, not performance wise, just design)

Again this is all me, the guy on the sideline watching. Shooting the #### online here. But also, challenging all the rest to bring the noise. i'm tired of the same formula being at the top. I don't think bux played that show well enough to be given a trophy last year. I'm not a judge, so what do i know. But the elements to which they give to their members before they even step on a field have already given them an advantage over everyone else. I hope someone else sets the standard for awhile.

No kidding! Sun was one of my favourite corps in the '70s, along with Buc. I have always enjoyed corps that played mostly "classical" music, like the Dips.

I think Sun had girls (ladies) in the horn and drum lines about the same time as Les Dips, circa '70s - another reason I liked them.

Salut, Bob P.

Yes, they did!!! I believe Judy Foster was the first female horn player for Sun in 1968.... others followed in the years to come.

• Like 1

I don't think bux played that show well enough to be given a trophy last year.

The Cadets2 parents sitting around me at Finals certainly thought that Buccaneers had the winning show, repeatedly offering variations on: "They're just so fast!"

Talked to some C2 fans (not sure if parents) and found them to be knowledgeable and a pleasure to talk to.

Considering that was during the "will GH take over DCA" crap era that's saying a lot.

• Like 1

I was 18 when I joined the Long Island Sunrisers for the 1977 season.

We had a bunch of people around my age in the corps... several had been with Sun for a few years, basically from 1974 on, so they were "senior corps veterans" even though they were teenagers or early 20-somethings. LOL.

Some of our competitors referred to us as "kids and girls."

For a bunch of kids and girls, I think we did OK on the competition field. :tongue:

Fran they called us the milk and cookie corps

• Like 1

I belive Lil

Yes, they did!!! I believe Judy Foster was the first female horn player for Sun in 1968.... others followed in the years to come.

I belive Lil Liddy was the frist ever female horn player in Sunrisers.not sure what years she marched late 50s into early 60s.

I belive Lil

I belive Lil Liddy was the frist ever female horn player in Sunrisers.not sure what years she marched late 50s into early 60s.

That's right... I had forgotten about her.

Edited by Fran Haring

If GH wasn't involved with Cadets organization, this whole C2 thinking would be different from day one. It's just that people have this negative opinion for GH and the kids and staff get dumped on. C2 have been a good corps since its beginning and they get better but there is a good program there that is competitive in DCA (top 5) and it's a corps that is still doing something. Brigs, Cru, Statesmen, Westshoremen, Matadors, Kingston, etc are all gone now. How many organization have more than one group competing nationally....SCV and BD....anyone else?