Multifarious Muncie -- Muncie IN 01 July 2016

Was it a member? Sounded older to me. I figured someone grabbed the English teacher who directs the plays at a nearby high school.

I truly don't know.

I love the Cadets. I like their show this year. I don't think this will be a 2nd place year for them - not because I don't have faith, but because Bloo, Crown and BD simply won't let that happen.

Totally respect your opinion.

Getting revenge on the guy who shot the carriage driver isn't too hard to get...I really don't see why nobody understands this. The woman was in love with the carriage driver who gets shot in the beginning. She seeks revenge and avenges the death of her loved one by shooting the gunman in the end...

Everybody wants everything spelled out for them these days but nobody cares to read it when it is, they just skim it.

The basic storyline is easy to understand when someone explains it to you.

The hard part is keeping track of all that while watching the show

• Like 1

What a night. So many amazing shows on the field this year. I think this is my favorite year ever as far as music and show designs go. I think this could be one of the tightest races for the championship, and for medals. Cavaliers have definitely put themselves back in medal contention with this amazing show. I think it will be close between Crown, Devils, Cadets and Cavies at the end of the season. And even your Open Class and lower level World Class corps are putting out some great shows. I have heard or seen music from almost every World Class corps, and about half the Open Class corps, and am blown away by how much I love all the shows this year. It should be an exciting year, although there will be no new corps in top 12 from last year. Biggest potential to jump more than 3 spots, Cavaliers. Most likely to drop 3 spots, Bluecoats.

What a night. So many amazing shows on the field this year. I think this is my favorite year ever as far as music and show designs go. I think this could be one of the tightest races for the championship, and for medals. Cavaliers have definitely put themselves back in medal contention with this amazing show. I think it will be close between Crown, Devils, Cadets and Cavies at the end of the season. And even your Open Class and lower level World Class corps are putting out some great shows. I have heard or seen music from almost every World Class corps, and about half the Open Class corps, and am blown away by how much I love all the shows this year. It should be an exciting year, although there will be no new corps in top 12 from last year. Biggest potential to jump more than 3 spots, Cavaliers. Most likely to drop 3 spots, Bluecoats.

You're about to get a lot of heat for that last sentence...

Sorry, but again I STILL don't see why it seems like nobody is understanding the story line. I've seen the show only at their preview...through a video...on YouTube...and I still got it.

And FYI, the spelled out thing was a metaphor, so to speak.

But since i said "spelled out", maybe they should take it from the Cavies and hold up signs?

"BANG"

"CARRIAGE DRIVER DIES"

"DANCING TO MAKE MONEY AND FIND LOVE"

"DANCER SEEKING REVENGE"

"HALLELUJAH"

"VENGENCE IS MINE"

Would that help? Lol.

Well, for instance, I've seen the show three times (but read very little about it), and until this post, I didn't realize it was the dancer who sought revenge.

And even regarding the climax, I can tell you that when I saw the show live, a number of people in the audience didn't even see what happens at the end, because it was way off to the right, and they were looking at whatever Crown was doing to the left/center at that point.

(If this were in the Cavs show, there's be signs reading "Support Our Stagecoach!" and "We Don't Need Stagecoaches!" and "Dancing is Freedom of Expression!" and "Dancing Corrupts Our Youth!" and voiceovers about the pros and cons of revenge, and so on.)

You're about to get a lot of heat for that last sentence...

Probably. I have gotten a lot of heat over the years when I speak my opinions. I just feel that BD, Crown, Cadets, Cavies, and SCV have better and stronger shows overall this year than Bluecoats. I do think Bluecoats show is better than last years show, but I think the level of all the top 6 is probably the best ever.

Edited by MisterA
  • Like 1