Beanpot Invitational - Lynn, MA July 3rd

Tim, I don't think anyone is really attacking "The Cadets". I made a comment in last night's show thread that erupted into flames! But I was not attacking "The Cadets" Not the kids and not the organization. Awesomely talented kids, and a fine organization. I was criticizing their show design. But I truly hope they make whatever changes necessary to mold that show into a contender. Those kids, their fans and that organization deserve nothing less! I am a Bluecoats fan, but even more than that, I'm a DCI fan! I'm the guy that shows up early to watch EVERY corps perform because I love all the corps.

Actually, I think virtually all of us on DCP show up early and watch EVERY corps perform because we all are pretty passionate about drum corps.

• Like 5

Actually, I think virtually all of us on DCP show up early and watch EVERY corps perform because we all are pretty passionate about drum corps.

I'm definitely one of those fans! I show up early and try to find a corps to watch in rehearsal until the gates open.

• Like 1

Crossmen just wrapped up. Feels like they got more of a response than the hometown corps. Now on break.

I am not surprised. MA fans have a long history with drum corps and know their stuff. If a corps wants an east coast response to their show, even a home town corps, they have to earn it.

Edited by Jurassic Lancer
  • Like 1

I am not surprised. MA fans have a long history with drum corps and know their stuff. If a corps wants an east coast response to their show, even a home town corps, they have to earn it.

Absolutely correct.

Phantom about to take the field. Loud SUTA from just beyond the field. Bluecoats warming up awfully close to the stadium....

Hopefully they either stop or get a penalty if their warm ups are audible during the performance. Would hate to have something like that happen to me if I was performing on the field.

Good luck Phantom!

• Like 1

Go Phantom!!

• Like 2

Hopefully they either stop or get a penalty if their warm ups are audible during the performance. Would hate to have something like that happen to me if I was performing on the field.

Good luck Phantom!

Isn't there a designated warm up spot for the corps prior to performance? Hard to believe that a corps would warmup in a non-designated spot.

• Like 1