I'm %$%&@! Unhappy

I have missed you, Granny. Don't you get your knickers all wound up in knots. It's not good for the circulation!

Am I the only one who is steamed!?

Hey judges, quit being fopdoodles and realize that when you stagnate a corps scores it's extremely discouraging to their staff and members!

Okay. I'm off to bed and promise to be in a better mood in the morning.

• Like 1

Am I the only one who is steamed!?

Hey judges, quit being fopdoodles and realize that when you stagnate a corps scores it's extremely discouraging to their staff and members!

Okay. I'm off to bed and promise to be in a better mood in the morning.

I'm with you! Love your searing attitude.

Searing. Just searing. Sizzling even!!! Love it!!!

Hope Granny is happy with tonight's bump for the Troopers!

I think scores are always a little complex, confusing and misleading. Especially early season when some captions aren't judged at every show without full panels. When your strong caption is judged one night and accounts for a larger portion of the score than usual, and the next night your weakest caption is judged and you can potentially see a drop of several points, or the opposite if the 2 days judging is reversed. I have now seen every corps either live, on dci live, or on youtube or facebook. I would say Troopers are placing across the board about where they should They are currently the 14th or 15th best corps, and that is exactly where the numbers are lining up as they were 14th the last time I saw full most recent scores together. I am not excited about the new uniforms, but I will say the staff has finally put together a fully entertaining show. This is the best show they've had since they fell from top 12 30 years ago in my opinion. I've watched this show several times this year, and enjoy it ten times more than the last 10 shows they have done. But regardless of score, this show is theoretically placing in almost the exact location it should. I would say that is more accurate than what is going on at the top 5 right now.

I think the scores are pretty meaningless as they are being manipulated by DCI much as professional wrestling manipulates their audience for revenue generating storylines. The numbers and the boxes are meaningless now; it’s all about slotting the corps and backing the scores in to please the marketers of DCI. The BK scores are laughable and insulting to other corps with full shows of actual content

Which isn’t really so bad if your beef with the scores is the want to motivate the ‘kids’

I’d prefer the numbers assigned based on the criterion set by the sheets without political biases and influences which means I’m following the wrong activity entirely

• Like 1

Having seen the Troopers live last night I must say that this is a really emotional show. I also like the uniform from the stands. I thought the gap between them and SCV should have been a little less. I enjoyed this show much more live than on streaming. In fact, this is one the most memorable and touching shows that I have witnessed in years.

• Like 2

I think the scores are pretty meaningless as they are being manipulated by DCI much as professional wrestling manipulates...

LOL!!!

picturing John Phillips and George Oliviero as the loving Vince and Linda McMahon!!! Priceless

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

Does slotting happen in DCI?

I did an analysis of scores in 2008 many moons back - there was one corps, either SCV or Bluecoats, I think, that literally through the whole season did not even once beat a single corps that finished ahead of them and did not lose to a corps that finished below them. The average for each corps that season was like 97% of scores being static, I think.

Mike