Very close at the top

I think everyone knows you would put Crown ahead just like everyone knows I would put BD ahead. This is literally the battle of two homers, and it is also pointless

I would put BD ahead, but I want it to be crazy close. It should be noted that reality seldom has anything to do with what I want.

I can't wait to see how BD stacks up against Crown and Bloo.

I wouldn't be surprised if it is Crown, Bloo, BD. I've seen BD's show, though good, I would put Crown ahead. Crown is well positioned this year. Should have top brass, top guard, and drums were the best on the field in KY too.

No way. Crown's show has a beginning and an end, but does nothing to further the story throughout the entire middle (which is the bulk of their show), and their entire drill is one FTL after another. There is simply no variety in their staging. Bluecoats show is smoke and mirrors disguised as a "theme" (albeit awesome), without any through line whatsoever. They, too, suffer from a lack of variety/contrast. BD is again the total package. Crown and Bluecoats shows aren't even as good as last year's iterations from both corps.

Brass can be debated, but BD's drum line and guard are far superior to anything else that is being put on the field in their respective captions. It's not even close if we are evaluating them against the sheets.

BD wins by at least a point. I would venture to say it will be more than that if they have a great run.

Edited by jsd
  • Like 1

I wouldn't be surprised if it is Crown, Bloo, BD. I've seen BD's show, though good, I would put Crown ahead. Crown is well positioned this year. Should have top brass, top guard, and drums were the best on the field in KY too.

And this is why I would vote you as biggest honk on this forum. Your hyperbole is beyond compare. I'll bet Crown also has the best food truck and souvie stand and drivers in all of DCI.

• Like 3

And this is why I would vote you as biggest honk on this forum. Your hyperbole is beyond compare. I'll bet Crown also has the best food truck and souvie stand and drivers in all of DCI.

Crown also had cleanest feet, best pressed uniforms, and best dating advice in the entire activity.

• Like 1

Crown is not beating BD tonight or at any point in the next 4 weeks.

If the show doesn't get rained out, BD by .5 over who ever comes in 2nd to make it 4 outta 5 years BD wins this TOC performing in the first slot. Love Bluecoats show this year, but it's a matter of time before Crown goes past them.

Thinking the same thing with regards to Crown and Coats. Thinking Crown pulls ahead by Atlanta.

• Like 1

Thinking the same thing with regards to Crown and Coats. Thinking Crown pulls ahead by Atlanta.

When was the last time a corps was 13-0 and virtually everyone continues to predict that they will struggle to medal? Look at the buzz around Bluecoats. Heck they could sell tickets to their lot warm ups. All these guys and gals do is take every night to another level.

I get that the so called traditionalists and of course alums of other corps are scared about rewarding a show this different than the standard, but for the first half of the year all we keep hearing is that Bluecoats is destined to fizzle. And all they do is win!

You're not going to beat BD, Crown or Cadets at their respective "game." In an increasingly crowded field, Coats stand out. (And don't kid yourself, these kids can play their ##### off.)

Edited by MikeRapp
  • Like 4

Yeah, but The Blue Devils could casually walk out and stand in the middle of the field, wearing nothing but their corps jackets, have a conversation about whatever amongst themselves, and still win the gold medal. That's how good they are. :w00t::doh::laugh::thumbup:

But they would lose GE cause they didn't involve the audience in their conversation lol.