Warrensburg Wateringhole

The only person actually on fire this year is a Pioneer mellophone.

She's hot.

my guess is Georgie didn't want to go on first...

From GH Facebook

I would like to thank DCI and the participating corps this evening for allowing the Cadets to perform last.

We had a bus breakdown last evening (water-pump ) in the black entertainer, that left us on the side of the road. We had to send a bus back to rescue the volunteers and staff and .we lost over two hours in the effort.

The trip to Warrensburg is one of the worst of the year ... 500 miles with an 11 pm departure, and we and the other corps have no room for error. That said, with the breakdown and a late arrival, our drivers would not have had the legal sleep necessary, if we had to be at the stadium at 6:00 pm this evening. Our options were to miss the show or ask for a late appearance time.

Thanks to Dan Acheson for the understanding and to my colleagues for their understanding.

Best Wishes to all ....

Hop

• Like 2

Announcement just made in the stadium that Cadets had a transportation problem and are going on last instead of first.

I just got here so it was news to me lol

From GH Facebook

I would like to thank DCI and the participating corps this evening for allowing the Cadets to perform last.

We had a bus breakdown last evening (water-pump ) in the black entertainer, that left us on the side of the road. We had to send a bus back to rescue the volunteers and staff and .we lost over two hours in the effort.

The trip to Warrensburg is one of the worst of the year ... 500 miles with an 11 pm departure, and we and the other corps have no room for error. That said, with the breakdown and a late arrival, our drivers would not have had the legal sleep necessary, if we had to be at the stadium at 6:00 pm this evening. Our options were to miss the show or ask for a late appearance time.

Thanks to Dan Acheson for the understanding and to my colleagues for their understanding.

Best Wishes to all ....

Hop

Awesome. Forgot about the CDL rules. Glad they could work it out.

Right CDL rules prevent barreling through unless they get substitute CDL drivers for it. There's probably also safety regulations that prevent them from double loading the other busses as well.

Hey Kevin! Master of ceremonies tonight? :cool:

Only from my couch. 😜