Warrensburg Wateringhole

So, we have 7 of the 8 corps which performed in Dekalb last night and BStars in place of BKnights + a completely different judging panel for Warrensburg, all of which to me suggests a shakeup at the top from the Dekalb results, i.e., 1. Crown 2. Bloo 3. Mt. Diablo 4. Vanguard 5. Cadets 6. Rosemont 7. Regiment 8. BStars.

how does a bus breaking down last night mean they cant make their assigned show time tonight. I really don't get it. There has been more than enough time to have the bus fixed or a new one if leased brought to them. Or, cant they pack the 3rd bus into the other 2. We did this all the time when our busses broke down. strange since the cadets were to go on first....or maybe that's the issue

Edited by brians
  • Like 3

So, we have 7 of the 8 corps which performed in Dekalb last night and BStars in place of BKnights + a completely different judging panel for Warrensburg, all of which to me suggests a shakeup at the top from the Dekalb results, i.e., 1. Crown 2. Bloo 3. Mt. Diablo 4. Vanguard 5. Cadets 6. Rosemont 7. Regiment 8. BStars.

Watch it be almost identical. Lol.

how does a bus breaking down last night mean they cant make their assigned show time tonight. I really don't get it. There has been more than enough time to have the bus fixed or a new one if leased brought to them. Or, cant they pack the 3rd bus into the other 2. We did this all the time when our busses broke down. strange since the cadets were to go on first....or maybe that's the issue

They wanted to give BD a second opportunity to show performance order means nothing.

Edited by Chief Guns
  • Like 5

What happens then? Do they leave the bus on the side of the road or do they travel with spare parts, like water pumps and do the repair on the road?

If it's not something easily fixed, most Corps contract with a bus company for the entire Tour who will be responsible for either repairing the bus or providing a replacement. While waiting for that to happen, those on the broken bus will double up on the other buses.

There's a process in place about kids getting a certain amount of downtime. Wouldn't shock me if part of that is cadets are assessed a timing penalty tonight or have to perform unjudged. Not sure of the specifics frankly. Someone else?

Their bus sat as still as a statue for hours and hours

And then raced headlong to the show, coming to a screeching halt 6 feet outside the door of the stadium.

• Like 1

Props are required, why not replacement buses...

Sound smart. Corps should travel with an extra empty bus following them just in case. Same for the tractor-trailers...